Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My name's Forrest. Forrest Ecclestone.

Ecclestone says Hitler praise 'misunderstood' | World Breaking News | News.com.au

FORMULA One commercial rights holder, Bernie Ecclestone, said his comments praising Adolf Hitler were misunderstood as a top Jewish group called for a boycott of the upcoming German Grand Prix.
    On Saturday, the 78-year-old Ecclestone caused uproar after telling British newspaper The Times that Hitler was a man who "was able to get things done".
    But he told German mass circulation daily Bild: "This was all a huge misunderstanding."
    "I did not put Hitler up as a good example, but I simply pointed out that before his terrible crimes, he had acted successfully against unemployment and the economic crisis," Ecclestone said.
    He added it was never his intention to insult any community.
    "Some of my closest friends are Jewish," he said.
    Nevertheless, Germany's top Jewish group called for teams to boycott the upcoming German Grand Prix in protest at his comments.
    "No team should work with him any more - a boycott would be more than appropriate," Dieter Graumann, the deputy head of the Central Council of Jews in Germany said.
    "The man is either completely stupid or unbelievably malicious - probably even both."
    Mr Graumann said a planned meeting between Ecclestone and German politicians on the sidelines of the German Grand Prix must now be cancelled.
    "One must not negotiate with fascists. One must condemn them and spurn them," Mr Graumann said.
    Ecclestone has also faced several calls to quit after his comments.
    The German Grand Prix is due to take place on Sunday.
    "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

It was 65 years ago, do you think they will move on one day?
    For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
    For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

No - I doubt it. I take your point, but that was a really dumb thing to say IMHO.
      "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

Comment

Get over it. Hitler was a leader because of his strengths, just like Sadam, Castro and Stalin. Some may have committed horrendous crimes but you can't ignore what go them there in the first place.

Comment

This thread should develop into something quite interesting (I hope)...

Comment

The point he was trying to make is a good one (with my limited history knowledge anyway), but it's really really really not the kind of thing you say to a big newspaper

Comment

Yes, but that's almost completely irrelevant.

These days there is a kind of reverse Godwin argument, saying that the Nazis didn't do a single thing well or efficiently. Acknowledging anything they achieved is verboten, they were just mindless thugs who killed poor innocent jews.

Before you get your knickers in a twist, I am not defending the genocide of anybody, just trying to look at things with a little perspective. The jews have been using the holocaust as an efffective means to silence any criticism of them for decades.

Out of those killed in the holocaust, about half were jews. the remainder were Poles, Soviets, gays, the handicapped, freemasons, jehovas witnesses and targets of opportunity (general undesirables). You don't hear much of these forgotten dead.
              For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
              For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

hitler was probably a good leader till he went insane and god told him to rid the earth of and entire country of people......he has to be because our prime ministers still spout his rhetoric to remove firearms from the general populace......just read hitlers speeches and then john howards........and barfridge dont be picking on freemasons by adding them to the list.....they got included because the kings ( uk ) brother's dog wouldnt nominate him as a right and proper person to join the lodge
                A site all parents should check regulary
                http://www.mako.org.au/temp_a.html

(+)

Comment

Originally posted by Sumatie View Post
                  Get over it. Hitler was a leader because of his strengths, just like Sadam, Castro and Stalin. Some may have committed horrendous crimes but you can't ignore what go them there in the first place.
                  Exactly.

I hate people who whinge like this, the statement was not offensive and there was no intent to offend. They need to unwedgie their panties and take a deep breath and realise it's not offensive. But they're just so damn strung up on their own self worth they have to take offence to any minor comment that could be construed as implying something that it doesn't.

...and the above is entirely hypocritical of me, but then again I've never been one to lead by example.

Comment

personally eccelstone and the nazi clothes wearing, prostitute rooting other one, Max Mosley, from formula 1 should just fuck off and die. preferably gassed and burnt in a big oven

Comment

What I love about it all is that they have been whinging for 50 years and maybe rightly so, but there is genocide happening right now in the world and Im not really aware of the Jews going out of their way to stop it.

They are much more worried about finding any ex-Nazis even if they are all 90 yeras old.
                      My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

I'm with Bernie.

Say what you like about Hitler, but at least he made the trains run on time.
                        Originally posted by Melkor
                        The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

Originally posted by redfern View Post
                          What I love about it all is that they have been whinging for 50 years and maybe rightly so, but there is genocide happening right now in the world and Im not really aware of the Jews going out of their way to stop it.
                          Seems that Isreal is one of the main offenders...... How ironic
                          Commander Keen and Shady 7/8 are doing the Kiwi Shitbox rally 2016 as the Dropkick Dropbears- donate here to help us change cancer!

Originally posted by Martin Luther King Jnr
                          One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
                          . .

Comment

Get the fuck over it... circumcised penny pinching fossil fuel alternative fuckheads.

Yes you WERE the victims, you are now known as beneficiaries.

There... that should get a reaction.
                            Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X