Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny (as the saying goes, but not really) that this came up today. We just watched the Band of Brothers episode where they find the death camp in the forest. At the end of that they put up something like 11 million people were killed... I can see why that creates a reather large chip on their shoulder.

However not all of those were Jews of course.

As for the comments... he would have been better of stating that germans not hitler are xyz... make it based on the whole race not the leader... to me it would be like coming out and saying Bin Laden would make a great CEO as he has very good communication skills, leadership and strategy to acheive his desired tasks in a very tricky and deadly environment. While true you just can't say it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingy View Post
      While true you just can't say it.
      I disagree. You can't speak about rape to a rape victim, but these people aren't holocaust victims, so they're getting their panties bunched up for no sane reason.

Comment

Originally posted by randomman View Post
        You can't speak about rape to a rape victim
        That must make the counselling sessions somewhat unproductive.
        Originally posted by Melkor
        The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

Darfur should be an interesting situation, everyone knows there is genocide going on, no one cares enough to do anything. It's Africa which = too hard basket or something.

Comment

Originally posted by The Saint View Post
            That must make the counselling sessions somewhat unproductive.
            I dare say talking about it in counselling is far different to talking about it in a regular conversation.

Comment

I dare say concluding how someone should react is somewhat folly.

Comment

Originally posted by The Saint View Post
                I'm with Bernie.

Say what you like about Hitler, but at least he made the trains run on time.
                I say, Saint - did you type that with a Lancashire accent?

Comment

Originally posted by Kingy View Post
                  As for the comments... he would have been better of stating that germans not hitler are xyz... make it based on the whole race not the leader... to me it would be like coming out and saying Bin Laden would make a great CEO as he has very good communication skills, leadership and strategy to acheive his desired tasks in a very tricky and deadly environment. While true you just can't say it.
                  This is the point ^^^... in a whole world of possibilities to make the point, why refer to a mudering despot at all? I call 'troll' on ecclestone - either that or rampant fuckwit...

I don't think it is about history at all - he was trying to communicate something...

Mind drifts off to Basil Fawlty goose-stepping and shouting "don't mention the war"...
                  Last edited by Griff; 07-07-2009, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by randomman View Post
                    I disagree. You can't speak about rape to a rape victim, but these people aren't holocaust victims, so they're getting their panties bunched up for no sane reason.
                    It's only a couple of generations ago, this is going to sound grim but while there are still people who were there to teach their children and grandchildren about what happened it will be a sensitive issue.

I wouldn't be surprised if thousands of families, short a few members, aren't looking for justice wherever they can. You could hang a man for murdering one person, but when he's ordered thousands to die all you can do is hang him.

That's why I think the topic will be dicey for a long while yet, not because there is a victim mentality permeating, but because there's still a missing piece of justice they will never get.

P.S. - I don't think they should ever have to get over it, even if those not yet born are throwing it in the face of my grand children, at least the message will be out there and we aren't listening yet.
                    This is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs (your personal circumstances). Before using this advice to decide whether to purchase a product you should consider how appropriate it is in regard to your personal circumstances.

Comment

Its high time the jews gave it a rest the war was a very long time ago, and Irael/jewish activity's since then have removed their right to be complaining about the holocaust.
                      National pride should not be a crime!.

Comment

Jewish people living throughout the world have nothing to do with Israel's policies, why should that negate their "complaining rights?"

Comment

Originally posted by Bendito View Post
                          Jewish people living throughout the world have nothing to do with Israel's policies, why should that negate their "complaining rights?"
                          Yep, agree. The drivers for the government of the state of Israel are mostly about entrenched anti-semitism of their neighbours. I agree that a lot of what Israel has done is at odds with the 20th Century experience of its jewish citizens, and I do question that the state of Israel should ever have been re-established. If I was palestinian I would be horrendously pro-active, and somebody may even end up describing me as a terrorist....

Not withstanding any of that, we do conveniently avoid our memories of the severe and sustained historical fucking that jews have had from Babylonians, Romans, Christians (of all sorts of designation, historical period, and nationality), Russians (pograms), communists (Stalin & others), fascists (Hitler & others), Moslems (denying the holocaust), and even Idi A-fuckin'-min and Jack van Tongeren...

The jews are eternally entitled to their outrage because the lessons of contemporary, rennaisance, medieval and ancient history are that even civilised citizens of civilised states will participate and tolerate their persecution and murder.

Comment

I love the you included Jack Van Tongren.

Posted via Mobile Device
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by XSorXpire View Post
                              I love the you included Jack Van Tongren.

Posted via Mobile Device
                              keepin' it real, bringin' it home....

Comment

Originally posted by Griff View Post
                                The jews are eternally entitled
                                :mellow:
                                Originally posted by Melkor
                                The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

Working...
                                X