Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pricking chinese gaol rio tinto excutive for spying..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pricking chinese gaol rio tinto excutive for spying..

The arrests come after the failed $US19.5 billion ($24.8bn) bid by Chinalco to increase its shareholding in Rio and take minority stakes in key projects, such as the Pilbara iron ore operations. Although Chinalco expressed only "disappointment" when Rio ditched the deal in May in favour of an alliance with rival BHP Billiton, the move sparked fury in the state-owned Chinese press, which accused the Anglo-Australian miner of betrayal.
    Beijing accuses Rio Tinto of spying | The Australian
    Originally posted by Bendito
    If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Trade sanctions or all out war?

More likely we will agree and let them execute him. $$ rule.
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

Senator Joyce said he believed the failure of Chinalco to increase its stake in Rio was behind the arrests. "One would have to be Mary Poppins to believe this is not a convenient trumped-up charge," he told The Australian
      Hope he is not jumping the gun with this comment, is very embarrassing for both him and Australia if he is incorrect..
      And even if he is correct it's still not needed and is a tactfully poor way to deal with a very important customer.....

Comment

It's been known to happen, and in China, bribery wouldn't surprise me. So i'm waiting to see what 'evidence' there is. If it's a whole closed trial where no one can see the evidence, i'd be willing to bet Senator Joyce is correct.

Comment

Working...
        X