Daylight saving

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daylight saving

Okay, I know that most are going to read Daylight Saving and think, "oh no, here's another fkun daylight saving rant! We voted (once again) let it go.....".
    Well I grabbed a copy of Superbike Magazine (UK) and there was an article on daylight times but this time it had a bit of a twist.
    They suggested changing the clocks around arse about to give you more daylight in winter evenings and more daylight in the summer mornings. The data they had was conducted in the early 70's and reflected motorcycle accidents and daylight hours/visability. It showed that LESS accidents occured during the hours had the times been changed.....
    I'm wanting to know how many, if any, think that an up-to-date survey on the following would be of interest, and in Australia? And before any smartarse says "first to suggest it does it" im thinking more on a RAC, NRMA, Motor ass. survey.
    Well......?
    Yes
    30.43%
    No
    69.57%
    Not sure
    0.00%
    User contains traces of nuts.

ZX12-R: Too soon... try again in 3 or 4 years.
    "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

oh dear

Comment

Give you more daylight in winter and less in summer? pray tell how we are going to tilt the earth off its axis. It would be a good Idea if your OK with your morning in winter been dark till around 9am.
        Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

In Winter you'd be trading off morning sunshine for afternoon sunshine. Something I wouldn't mind as much as Summer DLS, TBH. But I still disagree on principle.
          Originally posted by Amac
          suck me on the hat you mole fucker, steroid affected me cock

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
            In Winter you'd be trading off morning sunshine for afternoon sunshine.
            I understand this concept its just the gives you more daylight argument people punt around. No it !@#$ing doesn't you just call it different names ie 8:00 am vs 9:00 am been a little obtuse nm.
            Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

I'm not asking for the whole daylight saving WA issue to be raised again, more then happy to see it be put to bed AGAIN, just interested to know if things have changed.... The more I think about this the more questions arise. Cars, bikes, roads, lighting, safety equipment, etc have changed over the years, perhaps even awareness??? Thats more the question here peeps.
              User contains traces of nuts.

Comment

its got merit,

i like early summer mornings and hate getting home at night in the dark winter time.

how would the voters react

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

There is no need to study DLS.

DLS is dead and buried.

May we never speak of it again.
                  Most human beings have an almost infanite capacity for taking things for granted

Comment

Light in the morning so I can ride home in the dark? what difference would it make.... Given my hours I would most likely end up riding to work in the dark and home in the dark if it changed....

Comment

ZX12R - mate, hear what you say and comprehend - but just voted 'no' because the lat/long of Perth makes us way different wrt to the UK... don't think that the scheme translates...

Comment

Working...
                      X