Handheld Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handheld Radar

Is it possible to receive a ticket from a handheld if they do not pull you over?

Wouldn't think so but I'm guessing you will find out within 6 months...?
    User contains traces of nuts.

Comment

I'm sure someone once told me they have to give it to you on the spot...but chances are im completely wrong :o

Comment

No, they can send you an infringement in the post. But it's unusual for them to do it for that kind of thing...
        "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

for this ^^ they would need a good look at your number plate wouldnt they? if your moving a bit quick it might be hard to read.

WSFS - Your probably safe
          SUCH IS LIFE

Originally posted by lee
          I hope you choke on a donut, and when you do I'm going to inappropriately hit on your grieving widows.

Comment

Originally posted by fonzy View Post
            for this ^^ they would need a good look at your number plate wouldnt they? if your moving a bit quick it might be hard to read.

WSFS - Your probably safe

On a GPX?
            :stupid:

Comment

I'm pretty sure they don't have cameras in them so if you didn't see them jotting down your number plate you should be right as rain. But lol, I've never had anyone with a handheld even try and ping me, they just look at me and give up, tad bit hard I s'pose on a 250 given the small frontal area.

Comment

did you avoid stopping?

Comment

I was doing 55 or 60 in a 50 zone.
                  As I went past he shrugged with his arms out, implying "what are you doing?"
                  I didn't stop because they didn't flag me down but they didn't follow me...I just thought the whole situation was odd.

Comment

Count your lucky stars, behave yourself before you kill some poor kid, and breathe a sigh of relief because he couldn't be bothered with you today.
                    "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

^ Thats what I'm hoping for!

Comment

Originally posted by randomman View Post
                        I'm pretty sure they don't have cameras in them so if you didn't see them jotting down your number plate you should be right as rain. But lol, I've never had anyone with a handheld even try and ping me, they just look at me and give up, tad bit hard I s'pose on a 250 given the small frontal area.
                        your kidding yourself. a laser handheld can get you in less than a second off your headlight.
                        Need a website designer? PM me for a quote.
                        Here are some sites I've done recently - Velocity Race Team | Business Insurance | West Perth Insurance Broker | Labour Hire | Final Trim Operators

Comment

my guess is they could't be bothered pulling you up for 5-10 over.
                          Posted via Mobile Device
                          Originally posted by Jamathi
                          I might be a "Racist"
                          Edited for clarity.

Comment

Originally posted by bobinatcat View Post
                            I was doing 55 or 60 in a 50 zone.
                            As I went past he shrugged with his arms out, implying "what are you doing?"
                            I didn't stop because they didn't flag me down but they didn't follow me...I just thought the whole situation was odd.
                            He did this, but made no attempt to stop you? Ride on. Get a lotto ticket.
                            Observe speed limits...

You 1
                            WAPOL 0
                            Originally posted by Viper
                            I'm probably fucking something up.
                            FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
                            Administrator

Comment

With stock speedo inaccuracy, if you thought you were doing 55, there is every chance you were doing dead on the speed limit... Last I heard, the cops don't generally pull you over for that.

Comment

Working...
                              X