Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with hose fittings?

Hello good people of PSB

I hope someone can help me. I'm chasing a hose adapter for an AquaPure inline filter (the type with the little spout on the sink) which goes from what looks like a 10mm or 12mm male threaded fitting to a push-fit connector (ie the tube just pushes into the back of it, you have to pull on a little tab thing to release it).

I took mine out today to go to Bunnings etc and find a replacement unit that I could just screw in, sadly at some point I lost the fitting and so now I'm kinda stuck.

Anyone work in that game?
    "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Hose Co have these, if what i read and can picture in my head you asking.

We have the poly versions at work, im sure one or two can fall into your pocket.

Comment

probally not alot of help but they are called olive fittings.
      sigpic
      Its so small

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...e_view&id=9156

Comment

These are the type we have at work, any use to you ?

Comment

Last edited by chance; 25-07-2009, 09:27 PM. Reason: Double post

Comment

Sorry chance, been otherwise occupied tonight (drinkin). Thanks for the info! I have a pile of the baby festo ones for pneumatic applications but the thread is heaps bigger. The straight brass one on the right is pretty much the beastie except mine was white plastic.

Hose co, eh? eggshellent, will chase down on Monday.

Alternatively would look at replacing the entire filter unit if there was something out there for less than about $100 for a single cartridge setup.
            "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Try coventrys. I think your local one is in Morley (they were moving stores last time I checked). They've got an arrangement of all kinds of adapters and fittings that should suit. If they're no help (and believe me when I say they're thick as two planks of soft wood nailed together) try the coventrys in Wangara. They're very helpful

"Always out-numbered, never out-gunned"

Comment

we sell them at work
                Couplers Malaga
                give us a call will be able to sort you out

Comment

Beauty, btlefed, will try and get up there tomorrow with the fitting that it screws into and a bit of the tube. Thanks, all!

Comment

Yeeehah

The community of people who make PSB what it is has struck again. Thanks btlefed - nice catching up with you this arvo, good choice of staff behind the counter too mate. I'll be sure to lose more bits in the future for an excuse to come and perv again.

Comment

Working...
                    X