Police clearance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police clearance

Okay, have an interview early in the morning. Need a current police clearance with me. I got one at my last job and thought i still had it, but i can't find it

Is there an easy/possible way of getting a paper saying so before the morning?
    Riding for Cameron Elliott #52
    1985 - 2009

ask your old employer for a copy?!?
    Vincit Omnia Veritas
    sigpic

Comment

Maybe try a 24 hour police station like warwick.

Comment

Don't like your chances.
        "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Police stations don't do police clearances anymore it's a form to fill out at the post office and usually takes 7 working days.

Sucks to be you.

Comment

Aren't police clearances are done at the post office now...... and I think it takes a couple of weeks to get it

Comment

You can still interview though, right?

Just tell them it's in the mail.
              Originally posted by Melkor
              The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

Originally posted by millsy View Post
                Police stations don't do police clearances anymore it's a form to fill out at the post office and usually takes 7 working days.
                How long ago did this happen?

They did a police clearance at the station when i got my gun license for my paintball marker, though that was 2 years ago.

Comment

Depends on whether you need a state police clearance or a Crimtrac national database clearance, although I'm not sure whether the cops bother doing a local one any more...
                  "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Changed probably a year ago now I reckon.....

Comment

Yeah I think you get a national one now.
                      Originally posted by Melkor
                      The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

Oh well, thats progress for ya. Take something that takes a couple of seconds at the station and make it take 1 week instead.

Comment

Originally posted by grum666 View Post
                          Oh well, thats progress for ya. Take something that takes a couple of seconds at the station and make it take 1 week instead.
                          erm

try up to 6 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by grum666 View Post
                            How long ago did this happen?
                            Police have not issued "National" Police Certificates since November 2007, you need to apply at an Australia Post Outlet...you can fill the form in online eLetter Solutions - Hassle free, cost effective direct mail solutions - straight from your desktop. eletter Mailhouse, eletter Access, eletter Ticket, eletter Wrap, Australia Post but you still need to go to the post office to do the ID check. Make sure that you bring 100 points worth of ID along otherwise you'll just have to go back later. The Certificate will be posted to you in the mail.

Police still do the State Traffic Certificate (Traffic Convictions) at the local station but no criminal records anymore.

-JC-

Comment

Woh, cheers for the quick replies.

I got told on Friday evening that i'd need to get a police clearance for Wednesday, sure i should have done it Monday morning but i didn't. Although even if i did it looks like i wouldn't have had it by tomorrow anyway?

Maybe i can just fill it all out tomorrow and say it is in the mail as Saint said.
                              Riding for Cameron Elliott #52
                              1985 - 2009

Comment

Working...
                              X