This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal and Professional life

I am facing a situation at my workplace and its creating a bit of mental unrest. About six months ago, I got transferred to a different Department at my workplace where one of my close friends happens to be the Supervisor. Over the past six months I have observed that my Supervisor does very little or nothing at all on some days and gets away with it. One of the trainees and myself are handling the workload and he has been taking credit for all the work. I recently had a chat with him about his style of working and he told me about how he drags the simplest of tasks for hours and makes it look like he has been working hard. He has been in this company for over 18years. It would take me less than 18minutes to walk up to my manager,tell whats going on and get him fired.

But the question is, should I? Like I mentioned before, he is a good friend of mine, and has been of great help on a few occassions. Should I not consider personal life while dealing with professional life? WTF am I supposed to do?
    Let personal life influence professional life
    21.74%
    Keep personal and professional lives seperate
    78.26%

You should probably let PSB decide all your hard decisions.
    If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

you should date your housemate.

(remember how that turned out)

Comment

hm

Comment

Originally posted by Maxo View Post
          you should date your housemate.

(remember how that turned out)

Epic.

Ontopic, get your other work mate to complain, then you dont have to be the bad guy!
          http://www.insearchofacocktail.com - Check it!

Originally posted by lee
          how is that erotic? that's some chick laying on a towel on the floor with her hand down some where's wally knickers with preposterously sized fake cans and shaving rash around her hooch.

Comment

He's not asking us to make the decision, just asking for opinions...

Anyway, IMO, if you want to maintain the friendship then try and move to another department or section where he/she is not your supervisor. If you don't really care about the friendship, then report him/her.

I personally think personal and professional are hard to mix when you are at the same level/rank and avoid it at all cost. Maybe thats just me...
            Ello

Comment

Tough situation... I personally can't stand lazy shits that take credit for others, but if it was a good mate... I would probably confront him about it, If after that he is being a dickhead about him.... dub him in.

I wouldn't work my ass off for no reason, specially not so a ''good mate'' can enjoy doing sweet fuck all, if he is that selfish that makes you work extra hard then you should tell him to fuck off.

Comment

Yeah my supervisor is the same. Bloody useless.

Dude if he is such a goods friend you should be able to talk to him. If you cant come to a solution then change departments.
                You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

Yeah my supervisor is the same. Bloody useless.
                  Feel free to discuss it with him any time you like.....dont be offended when you get told to fuck off though

Comment

Your manager and supervisor might be mates too, if the new guys comes in lopping trees he might get the axe himself.

So chill out, if it makes your job more valuable because you're doing more work, then good on you, you'll keep on keeping on until your day finishes then you'll forget you even have a job until your alarm goes off the next day.
                    This is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs (your personal circumstances). Before using this advice to decide whether to purchase a product you should consider how appropriate it is in regard to your personal circumstances.

Comment

Punch him out.
                      Originally posted by Amac
                      suck me on the hat you mole fucker, steroid affected me cock

Comment

I worked for my best friend for a little while but ended up quitting as loosing a friendship over a job is not worth it. But that's just me...

Comment

18 years.... hmmm, no wonder he's trying to get away with as little as possible. Sounds like there is a massive age gap here, don't for one minute assume that he's not a crafty old bastard. I would place money on your job disappearing or shifting to something akin to sanitation if you go after him half cocked.. Even if you do find something that is incontrovertably incriminating, beware, although they might be compelled to fire him, everyone(with an immediate boss you could potentially get hold of) hates a snitch.
                          "In all the human societies we have ever reviewed, in every age and in every state, there has seldom if ever been a shortage of eager young males prepared to kill and die to preserve the security, comfort and prejudices of their elders, and what you call heroism is just an expression of this fact; there is never a scarcity of idiots." -The Culture

Comment

Originally posted by I'm No Superman View Post
                            he has been taking credit for all the work
                            That right there is the decider for me. It's not a trait I'd want in a colleague or a friend.
                            (Yes I've been a 'victim' of this before and have issues with it.)

Comment

Dont be a whingy bitch.

When you are manager you can do fuck all, until then you have to work, thats how organizations operate.

CEO's and shit are the most overpaid lazy fuckers around 90% of the time.

Why? because their job is to organise and delegate , not sit there and do it themselves. Their work desk is in the mind, its not a physical construct.

Sounds to me like your friend is on the right path to run that whole company.

Good luck to him.
                              My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

Working...
                              X