Beluga whale saves drowning diver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beluga whale saves drowning diver

Beluga whale saves drowning diver as she sank, paralysed by cramp | PerthNow
    Beluga whale saves drowning diver as she sank, paralysed by cramp
    A DROWNING diver has a beluga whale to thank for helping to save her life after her legs were paralysed by cramps.

Yang Yun was taking part in a free-diving contest at Polar Land in Harbin, north-east China, in which participants were required to sink seven metres to the bottom of a pool and stay there for as long as possible without the aid of breathing equipment.

Ms Yun, 26, thought she was going to die amid the beluga whales she shared the arctic pool with, after struggling to move her legs while trying to kick her way to the surface.

"I began to choke and sank even lower and I thought that was it for me - I was dead,” she told The Sun.

“Until I felt this incredible force under me driving me to the surface."

That “incredible force” was Mila, a beluga whale which had noticed her distress and clamped its jaws around her leg.

Using her sensitive nose, Mila drove Ms Yun carefully to the surface, to the amazement of onlookers and an underwater photographer who captured the entire incident on film.

"Mila noticed the problem before we did,” an organiser told The Sun.

"We suddenly saw the girl being pushed to the top of the pool with her leg in Mila's mouth.

"She's a sensitive animal who works closely with humans and I think this girl owes her, her life."

See more pictures, full story at The Sun
    ^_^

Thats pretty awesome!
    http://www.insearchofacocktail.com - Check it!

Originally posted by lee
    how is that erotic? that's some chick laying on a towel on the floor with her hand down some where's wally knickers with preposterously sized fake cans and shaving rash around her hooch.

Comment

Amazing!
      Originally posted by redfern
      If its good enough to carry missiles is safe enough for you bike.

Comment

smarter than your average bear!
        Originally posted by Bendito
        If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

incredible, but if the whale saw a japanese person would he/she rescue her :p
          Posted via Mobile Device

Comment

Thats just amazing. Another reason we should stop slaughtering beautiful animals like this.
            A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin.

Dear god, it's some weird bastardized three wheeled two person go-kart.

Comment

incredible, but if the whale saw a japanese person would he/she rescue her :p
              Posted via Mobile Device

Comment

is it normal to hold free diving contests in whale pools?

Comment

Yes, but the whales always win

Comment

you'd think so.
                    Posted via Mobile Device

Comment

Yang Yun was taking part in a free-diving contest at Polar Land in Harbin, north-east China, in which participants were required to sink seven metres to the bottom of a pool and stay there for as long as possible without the aid of breathing equipment
                      meh theres heaps of chinese people anyway...

Comment

I know, and if she did die you could always select 1 of the other billion as a decoy right?

She's ooookkkkaayyy

Comment

Maybe this is just a giant ploy by the US to stop China from SCHIFTING into the position of world superpower...

Comment

Originally posted by bobinatcat View Post
                            you'd think so.
                            Posted via Mobile Device
                            Why?

Comment

Originally posted by g0zer View Post
                              smarter than your average bear!
                              and your average underwater photographer too it seems.

how come a whale realised the problem and acted to save her before the humans down there?

Comment

Working...
                              X