Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The smartest thing I've read all day

Mosquitoes deliver malaria 'vaccine' through bites - Yahoo! News

In a daring experiment in Europe, scientists used mosquitoes as flying needles to deliver a "vaccine" of live malaria parasites through their bites. The results were astounding: Everyone in the vaccine group acquired immunity to malaria; everyone in a non-vaccinated comparison group did not, and developed malaria when exposed to the parasites later.
    That is just pure genius, using the efficient transmission method that mozzies have developed over millions of years as a method of controlling the disease and ensuring mass vaccinations.

Something like this has the potential to save millions of lives.
    For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
    For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

and then they find in a few years the mozzies mutate and everyone who gets bitten become zombies. end of the world.
    Originally posted by Red_is_Best
    hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

Comment

It's pretty cool, lot's of issues with it though but I like the idea. And malaria is still killing between 1 and 3 million people per year at the moment.

Comment

That's awesome.
        Aim high and consider yourself worthy of great things

Comment

That's amazing! Far out the world is a crazy place sometimes.
          Originally posted by Semi
          I ride slowly because I'm a massive faggot.

Comment

Originally posted by barfridge View Post
            Something like this has the potential to save millions of lives.
            For fuck's sake barfridge, malaria was one of the only things we had left to keep the fuckers in check!

Guess it's all down to you, HIV.
            Originally posted by Melkor
            The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

Originally posted by Fastgirl View Post
              and then they find in a few years the mozzies mutate and everyone who gets bitten become zombies. end of the world.
              WFS - can't wait for zombie apocalypse.

Comment

@ Saint

Personally, I'm rooting for an Ebola resurgence
                "In all the human societies we have ever reviewed, in every age and in every state, there has seldom if ever been a shortage of eager young males prepared to kill and die to preserve the security, comfort and prejudices of their elders, and what you call heroism is just an expression of this fact; there is never a scarcity of idiots." -The Culture

Comment

Originally posted by The Saint View Post
                  For fuck's sake barfridge, malaria was one of the only things we had left to keep the fuckers in check!

Guess it's all down to you, HIV.
                  This.
                  FEADCinc, PSB?

Comment

World population is even more fucked now.
                    Riding for Cameron Elliott #52
                    1985 - 2009

Comment

Sadly we're getting too good at saving peoples lives. When are people just gonna accept that death is a part of life?

The world is overpopulated. Grossly overpopulated. And short of another world war, disease is the only thing keeping us in check (marginally).
                      A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin.

Dear god, it's some weird bastardized three wheeled two person go-kart.

Comment

I would like to see the people in this thread talk about culling the world population if they lived in a Malaria ridden country. Out of sight out of mind though eh? Why do we mourn the death of any loved ones when we know that we are already over-populated?
                        sigpic

Comment

Because we're humans.

We're kinda fickle like that.
                          Originally posted by Melkor
                          The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

Thats why we have cancer. But fuck, we're finding ways to sort that out too.

Don't get me wrong, no one should be in pain, but we all have to die someday. Malaria, cancer, heart attack, whatever. I never mentioned that only third world countries should be subjected to this......you leapt to that assumption Jedi.
                            A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin.

Dear god, it's some weird bastardized three wheeled two person go-kart.

Comment

.. alright, I'm prepared to concede that I misinterpreted or something. Leaving this thread now.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X