Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrorist raids in Melbourne

Counter-terrorism raids across Melbourne

this really shits me, i support various armed strugle but not in peacefull countries and this is not just cos its Australia

I hope they get fucked up in jail and their famalies get depored

The bad part about this is because of the F'ed up gun laws here if something did happen here you have no way to defend yourself or your family.
    Originally posted by Jamathi
    I might be a "Racist"
    Edited for clarity.

Comment

I bet they do something about the piss-poor security at military sites now? At least the fuzz have their eyes on the ball.
      Please, call me Flash...

Comment

Originally posted by OSP1340 View Post
        The bad part about this is because of the F'ed up gun laws here if something did happen here you have no way to defend yourself or your family.
        but with our police acting the way they have there really is no need.
        Hot air balloons, the gentleman's escape vehicle.

Comment

[QUOTE=Rider;1527252I hope they get fucked up in jail and their famalies get depored[/QUOTE]

I don't think they can deport Au citizens.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
            I don't think they can deport Au citizens.
            What the government gives, the government can take away. You screw up bad enough and it will happen. I was warned of this when I got my citizenship recently.
            Please, call me Flash...

Comment

From the Immigration website:

Can Australian citizenship be revoked?

The Australian Citizenship Act 2007 allows for revocation of Australian citizenship in very limited circumstances and only for convictions for actions prior to the acquisition of citizenship. Australian citizenship can be revoked if:
              • a person has been convicted of making a false statement or representation in relation to the person's application to become an Australian citizen
                or
              • a person is convicted of a serious criminal offence at any time prior to becoming a citizen involving a sentence of 12 months or more
                or
              • the approval to become an Australian citizen was gained as a result of migration-related fraud
                or
              • the approval to become an Australian citizen was gained as a result of third party fraud; for example, fraudulent conduct by a migration agent in the citizenship application
                and
              • it would be contrary to the public interest for the person to remain an Australian citizen.

The Australian Government supports the notion that there should be certainty of Australian citizenship status. An Australian citizen by birth cannot have their Australian citizenship revoked. Similarly, a person conferred citizenship after fully disclosing all relevant factors is the equal of any other Australian citizen, and therefore cannot have their Australian citizenship revoked.

People who have their citizenship revoked become the holders of an ex-citizen visa and are therefore subject to the provisions of the Migration Act 1958, including the requirement to be of good character.

The Migration Act 1958 provides for the cancellation of a visa, and removal of the former visa-holder from Australia, if the person is found to be no longer of good character.

Children of people whose citizenship is revoked

Children under the age of 18 may also have their citizenship revoked unless the other parent is an Australian citizen or the child would become stateless.
              So, maybe not but I figure the chiefs would find a way?
              Please, call me Flash...

Comment

Mr Overland said he was "extremely disappointed" by leaks that lead to reporting of the raids in The Australian newspaper.
                "We will be vigorously pursuing the leak from my end and I expect that the federal authorities will be doing the same,'' Mr Overland said.
                Copies of the newspaper were publicly available at 1.30am in Melbourne, well ahead of the raids, he said.
                "This, in my view, represents an unacceptable risk to the operation, an unacceptable risk to my staff,'' Mr Overland said.
                wtf^

i used to read the australian, thinking it was one of the better papers
                Originally posted by Bendito
                If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by OSP1340 View Post
                  Yeah, let's give every Tom, Dick and Looney a gun 'cause that works in the US!

D'Art

Comment

Originally posted by g0zer View Post
                    wtf^

i used to read the australian, thinking it was one of the better papers
                    Journalists are the sort of people who would burn their own country for a scoop.
                    Please, call me Flash...

Comment

I think this is staged, more on that when I have the time to expand around about eleven.
                      This is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs (your personal circumstances). Before using this advice to decide whether to purchase a product you should consider how appropriate it is in regard to your personal circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by Rider View Post
                        this really shits me, i support various armed strugle but not in peacefull countries and this is not just cos its Australia
                        But thats just it - we would rather have our wars overseas, where there is less civilian casualties on our side. But the truth is, Australia is where we are most vunerable.

Yeah terrorist attacks here would suck, but wars aren't supposed to be nice. And these guys seldom play by the laws of armed conflict - probably because if they tried, they'd all be dead by now.

Agree totally. Too many bleeding heart hippies about the place IMO...

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor View Post
                          I think this is staged, more on that when I have the time to expand around about eleven.
                          Ok, let's say you have the stones and the brains to smuggle automatic weapons into a military base. You've got the resources to get your hands on the guns and the drive to put them into use in a suicide attack.

Why are you targeting a military base? Why not suicide bomb a children's hospital? That has to be because you're sending a message that even your safest places, in the public mind, aren't safe. So why are you not bombing the base? Why "only" guns?

To me, it sounds like the plot of a bad action movie where the lack of ambition of the bad guys is matched only by the lack of insightful comment by the protagonist as he kills hundreds with a single shot.

Why would they knowingly opt for an equally difficult but less destructive means of getting their message across?

It's like setting off a smoke grenade in an airport to show them their security isn't up to scratch.

I bet they do something about the piss-poor security at military sites now?
                          An emotive public reaction would be a great way to bring that change about.
                          This is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs (your personal circumstances). Before using this advice to decide whether to purchase a product you should consider how appropriate it is in regard to your personal circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryder View Post
                            Agree totally. Too many bleeding heart hippies about the place IMO...
                            Bleeding hearts? The US was attacked and they have plenty of guns on the streets. So how exactly would arming people here stop these terrorist attacks? Guns don't stop terrorist IMO. Nipping the perversion in the bud (the militant Islamic schools in this case) is the only way. Preaching hatred works but arming the public is not a defence against those that would martyr themselves.

I'm not anti-firearms BTW being an ex-licensed owner, but this 'give everyone a gun' thinking doesn't solve this problem.

D'Art

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor View Post

Why are you targeting a military base?

To me, it sounds like the plot of a bad action movie
                              ambushing unarmed military personnel at their home base was part of the plot in tom clancy's rainbow 6 novel
                              Originally posted by Bendito
                              If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

Working...
                              X