Travel insurance - recommend me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel insurance - recommend me

Heidi and I are going over to phuket later on this year.

We're up to the stage of sorting travel insurance.

A search on here didn't give me much except for HBF, and on the web gives a lot of different options.

Who do you go with, who would you recommend?

https://tpos.qbe.com/qbe/QBETravel?l...#INTERNATIONAL

qantas on-sell QBE policies^

see comprehensive single international trip

ive never bothered to shop around before, and never had to make a claim so really have no comment. i expect the major/well known providers are all much of a muchness.
    Originally posted by Bendito
    If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

I went with Medibank Private, because I found they have an annual one (12 months from date you take it out), with discount for members.

Cost us about $300 for 12 months, including OS travel and travel within Australia.

Depends on how much you will travel/do travel

Comment

pay with anz visa gold and get free travel insurance

maybe your CC has something built in

Dubs

Comment

start with Travel Insurance for Australians - Travel Insurance Direct Australia

I can't remember the one we ended up with but its payouts were higher and premiums lower than anyone we could find. Easy peasy!
          "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

I went with www.insure4less.com.au

I'm pretty sure that you may want to read the statements carefully to see what you are covered for, because I get the feeling that it isnt for much... ahah

Comment

I cant remember who it was with but i got mine from Flight Center it was $80

Comment

Next time I will just be sticking with just the medibank private I already have, as I paid ~$600 for travel insurance for my gear, had $600 worth of camera, phone and cash stolen, and they took about 5 months to pay out. Would have been better off saving my money.

If you don't have lots of expensive stuff with you- I'd just go with good private health cover that covers you overseas.

Comment

Medibank and HBF both look pretty good... much better coverage than the stuff the travel agent offered us

Comment

Originally posted by cowasaki View Post
                    I went with Medibank Private, because I found they have an annual one (12 months from date you take it out), with discount for members.

Cost us about $300 for 12 months, including OS travel and travel within Australia.

Depends on how much you will travel/do travel
                    +1 i only use them when i need though

Comment

Like others said, medibank were cheaper for me coz my private is with them.
                      They insure you through another company (mondial) thought that can be a pain. They paid out a camera theft claim for me 4 months after it happened. Whatever ya get, just make sure its $0 excess.

Shit to be aware of: If you are sick, SEE A DOCTOR OVER THERE! or you fork out here and are not covered.
                      If something happens, get a police report and let the insurance know straight away, or they "discount your claim by prejudice" wtf ?

I got an ear infection in thailand, then spent the next 2 days travelling back home- had no time to see a doc. Not covered coz Im back in Aus.

Comment

As Dubs said most CC's have cover.

Also check your house insurance, it may cover you for lost or stolen items which means you can get a cheaper travel policy.
                        My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

i went with the RAC
                          didn't have to make a claim, but it included roadside assistance in all countries and we were given a little pocket book for all the phone numbers we'd need for it

Comment

pretty sure I went with HBF last trip (america) because of the coverage

Comment

Vero. Available through Wespac.
                              "Son, could you please remove my MAD sig?"

Sure mum, here you go....

Comment

Working...
                              X