[IDEA] PSB Wiki

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [IDEA] PSB Wiki

I've noticed that there's a lot of great information and advice to be found here, but the problem is finding it.

I assume that everyone has used wikipedia in the past, and has a rough idea of how it works. The software that it runs on is free (MediaWiki), and I think it's be great if we could have one set up with a page for each model of bike, with information on:
    • Specifications
    • History
    • General Information
    • Known Issues
    • Information on common upgrades & mods

And whatever other info PSBers think is important. Maybe even a list of members who have owned that particular model.

Additionally, you could have pages on:
    • General Maintenance
    • Useful Tools
    • Vehicle Riding/Handling Skills
    • How Track Days/Rides work

Obviously, it would take time to populate, and would require people to be bothered sharing their knowledge, but I think it would be a great resource for riders worldwide.

If there isn't one already, of course.

Is there something like this? Do you think that it'd be a good idea to start one here? Is it something that the Founder/Admin is willing to look into?

Comments, questions, general approval (or not) below plz.
    '====
    //`
    -Magilla
    They observe my perambulations upon my gyroscopically-balanced personal transportation device, and I perceive at my core that they have thus concluded that I am Caucasian, and, while intelligent, I am also somewhat socially inept. - Peculiar Alfred
    Eligible to shadow R & R-E NOW

already done.
    If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

Linksplz?
      '====
      //`
      -Magilla
      They observe my perambulations upon my gyroscopically-balanced personal transportation device, and I perceive at my core that they have thus concluded that I am Caucasian, and, while intelligent, I am also somewhat socially inept. - Peculiar Alfred

Comment

Recent changes - twowheelswiki.com

As you can see, it's sort of been abandoned.

It needs a wide range of contributions, and much more crosslinking..

But it's there if you want to go crazy.
        "In all the human societies we have ever reviewed, in every age and in every state, there has seldom if ever been a shortage of eager young males prepared to kill and die to preserve the security, comfort and prejudices of their elders, and what you call heroism is just an expression of this fact; there is never a scarcity of idiots." -The Culture

Comment

dunno
          If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

Fascinating. Is it actually owned/run by PSB? I see no links anywhere here to hint that it even exists

Maybe that's why it's abandoned?

Perhaps I shall start playing with it.
            '====
            //`
            -Magilla

Comment

Yeah it's definitely PSB run. Tyson set it up. It was hit with spambots for a bit and it kind of died off during that period before edits were restricted to registered users.

There used to be a link on the bar up the top of this page, but it's been culled for whatever reason.

If you've got some specific info to add from the suggestions in your OP, this might be a good place to start:

Manufacturers - twowheelswiki.com
              "In all the human societies we have ever reviewed, in every age and in every state, there has seldom if ever been a shortage of eager young males prepared to kill and die to preserve the security, comfort and prejudices of their elders, and what you call heroism is just an expression of this fact; there is never a scarcity of idiots." -The Culture

Comment

Originally posted by Magilla View Post
                I see no links anywhere here to hint that it even exists
                Have you scrolled down to the bottom yet? :mellow:

No scrap that, there's a bar up the top that has PSB on it.

It's a nice idea but from the GSX-R1000 entry it looks like a direct copy and paste from Wikipedia.

Comment

randomman: That is, there's nothing here to suggest that the Wiki exists, not the other way around
                  '====
                  //`
                  -Magilla

Comment

The reign of terror begins.

^_^
                    '====
                    //`
                    -Magilla

Comment

Originally posted by randomman View Post
                      It's a nice idea but from the GSX-R1000 entry it looks like a direct copy and paste from Wikipedia.
                      Nobody was doing anything with it, so I thought I'd do some copy-pasta one night for some content that people could edit.

It never got edited...*
                      I did the same for quite a few pages before getting bored, and I certainly wasn't imaginative or knowledgeable to write my own stuff.

*Except for the time it took to actually edit it for 2WW from Wikipedia. That took fuggin ages.

Comment

Originally posted by Kryzaach View Post
                        Fix'd.
                        '====
                        //`
                        -Magilla

Comment

Originally posted by Magilla View Post
                          randomman: That is, there's nothing here to suggest that the Wiki exists, not the other way around
                          My bad, misread what you said.

Originally posted by padfoot View Post
                          It never got edited...*
                          Everyone's too busy bantering on PSB...

Comment

Its very much a PSB domain.
                            Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

Right. Well, I've done a bit of stuff, but I think that I'll concentrate on making a reasonable template that can be copy/pasted and filled in with the right sort of info, to make adding new bikes/models easier.

Oh yeah, I've marked some pages for deletion, so if anyone here has the power...
                              '====
                              //`
                              -Magilla

Comment

Working...
                              X