Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pls help me find a song from back in the day...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pls help me find a song from back in the day...

Does anyone know the name of this song/artist from late 90's?... It was a male lead rock song, kinda sounded like acoustic SoundGarden. The word 'Tree' comes to mind, either in band name or title. Been driving me nuts for months, tried all sorts of lyric searches etc, but come up with nothing.

Thanks.
    Be patient or become one.

Ride with Passion. Ride with Purpose. Ride with Pride.

With virtually no clues, the closest thing that comes to mind is this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0bxXj2IBPA]YouTube - Belly - Feed The Tree[/ame]

which is probably wrong, since it's more like Savage Garden than Soundgarden.

Lyrics might help? Which radio station you hear it on? From my personal experience, not all songs have their lyrics available on the web (for example I can't find the lyrics to Find This Anywhere, by The Plums). But if you post what you know of the lyrics, someone might recognise it.
    https://parodieslost.blog/

Comment

Any idea of the tempo (fast-paced, ballad)?
      Originally posted by Melkor
      The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Deb View Post
        for example I can't find the lyrics to Find This Anywhere, by The Plums).
        Ironic title.

Comment

Lol @ The Saint, clever pick-up. Okay, title is like 'Down in the Now' or something, male singer with chris cornell type voice, tempo is slow, ballad-like, acoustic. Was aired heaps on JJJ in late 90's/early 2000's. Think it was a one-hit band... Fuel, Staind genre with a definite SoundGarden.... sound. hehe

Comment

Collective Soul?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqRQyV8Tj2I&feature=related]YouTube - Collective Soul Shine[/ame]

Comment

Any of these ring a bell?

Music-Map: Soundgarden
              "In all the human societies we have ever reviewed, in every age and in every state, there has seldom if ever been a shortage of eager young males prepared to kill and die to preserve the security, comfort and prejudices of their elders, and what you call heroism is just an expression of this fact; there is never a scarcity of idiots." -The Culture

Comment

Nope got it! thanks guys. 'Touch, Peel and Stand' by Days of the New (I said - Down in the Now! hahaha how funny how memory works)

Got it from Wiki searching Indie 2000 CD track listings on the off chance it was on one of them.

Whew!

Kryzaach... like that music-map bizzo, thats gonna be helpful in the future i can tell. Cheers.
                Last edited by acegalaxi; 06-08-2009, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Pfft...as if!!!

Attached Files
                  Find me on Instagram

Comment

It's a taste aggregator only, not a similarity tester.

Edit: And in the above example, you can clearly see that the "taste" it has identified, is "arse".
                    "In all the human societies we have ever reviewed, in every age and in every state, there has seldom if ever been a shortage of eager young males prepared to kill and die to preserve the security, comfort and prejudices of their elders, and what you call heroism is just an expression of this fact; there is never a scarcity of idiots." -The Culture

Comment

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCDIt50hRDs]YouTube - Fool's Garden - Lemon Tree[/ame]
                      I HAD A BREEZE UP MY SHORTS AND IT FELT LIKE CHRISTMAS!!

Comment

Well that's just it. You see Green Day is my favourite band ever.

However I have no interest in any of the other bands in that genre.

I have a very broad taste in music.
                        Find me on Instagram

Comment

damn you and your lemmon tree song will be singing that all freaking day now... Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Curious View Post
                            damn you and your lemmon tree song will be singing that all freaking day now... Thanks!
                            no problem

Comment

^_^

Comment

Working...
                              X