UFC 101 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFC 101 Thread

So UFC 101 "Declaration" is on tomorrow night, thoughts/comments?

The main fights are:
    BJ Penn Vs. Kenny Florian
    Anderson Silva Vs. Forrest Griffin

...and there's a bunch of other dudes nobody cares about (feel free to add other fights in if you have a broner over one of them).

I'm picking Penn and Griffin. Penn because I can see him keeping the fight standing, and beating up on Florian for a while, and then having a strength advantage on the ground. Plus I reckon his relatively recent loss to GSP will have spurred him on a bit.
    And Griffin because he's slightly taller (and has a similar reach) than Silva, which was always part of Silva's advantage over the smaller guys, so I think he'll keep it standing and pick him apart.
    FTP

Penn and Silva. I don't honestly see Griff picking apart Silva at all, as much as I like Griffin...
    Work Buy Consume Die

Comment

I'm picking Florian. Since his loss to Sean Shirk, his technical skills have been superb. Also, with his new strength and conditioning coach, he has really added to his strengths. Can't fault him.

I'd like to see Griffin win. I think Griffin has a better chance of winning against Silva then Dan Henderson did though. Griffen less likely to get tagged when throwing big bombs. Would be interesting to see how crisp Silva is at the higher weight.
      Originally posted by Roger Explosion
      Running giveway signs is not hooning. Only dangerous actions like reving your engine is...

Comment

Kenny
        Forrest

Dubs

Comment

Kenflo. He has been pretty damn good of late.

Uncertain about the other, but i'll pick Grif.
          It'll be interesting seeing silva at lhw.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxo View Post
            It'll be interesting seeing silva at lhw.
            Yeah, I saw they're at 205 now. Wasn't there originally some talk of a catch-weight bout?
            FTP

Comment

Originally posted by BigTim View Post
              Yeah, I saw they're at 205 now. Wasn't there originally some talk of a catch-weight bout?
              who was he supposed to be fighting originally?

UFC 101 videos: Declaration - In Depth Preview Video - Heavy.com

Comment

Nah, a catch-weight between Griffin and Silva. I dunno, could be imagining things

Can't watch the vid at work.
                FTP

Comment

Its just a ufc promo vid, nothing spesh..

I thought there was a catchweight bout set up too, but i thought grif was the replacement for someone else?

Comment

I'm going for Joe Roegan!

Comment

Main Event – UFC Lightweight Championship
                      BJ Penn (155) vs Kenny Florian (155)

Anderson Silva (205) vs Forrest Griffin (205)
                      Ricardo Almeida (185) vs Kendall Grove (185.5)
                      Josh Neer (155.5) vs Kurt Pellegrino (154.5)
                      Johny Hendricks (171) vs Amir Sadollah (166.5)

Aaron Riley (154) vs Shane Nelson (156)
                      John Howard (169.5) vs Tamdan McCrory (170)
                      Alessio Sakara (185.5) vs Thales Leites (185)
                      Dan Cramer (169.5) vs Matthew Riddle (170)
                      George Sotiropoulos (155) vs George Roop (154)
                      Danillo Villefort (170.25) vs Jesse Lennox (171)

George Sotiropoulos is the Australian dude that fought in the Ultimate Fighter a few seasons back. He must be the only Australian dude that has any success in UFC. There has been a couple that have fought. The only other one I can think of is Elvis Sinsonic lhw. But he used to get his ass handed to him.
                      Originally posted by Roger Explosion
                      Running giveway signs is not hooning. Only dangerous actions like reving your engine is...

Comment

ufc wired now on one hd in the evenings

I HAD A BREEZE UP MY SHORTS AND IT FELT LIKE CHRISTMAS!!

Comment

First of all I would like to say hi. Finally joined after reading you posts about UFC for a fair while now. The only reason i signed up is because of the UFC threads here, I do not own a bike (sorry if this offends some), but every time I search for UFC topic in Australia I always end up here. So thought I would join!!!! Its great to see UFC growing in Australia and especially perth (iam in Port Kennedy). Great site guys!!!

Comment

Now back to the topic.... I am a huge Forrest fan and hope he wins, but I if I was putting money on it Silva TKO, Florian by decision and the other fights I like Kendall Grove, Josh Neer, Amir Sadollah, Shane Nelson, John Howard, Thales Leites, Matthew Riddle, George Roop and Jesse Lennox.

Comment

Tim, you are right dana was saying some shit about a catch weight fight between griff and silva. That may have been incase he couldn't make the full transition in time, as I know this has been a pretty highly anticipated fight
                              Posted via Mobile Device

Comment

Working...
                              X