What was this called?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was this called?

Remember in the 80's the rulers which you tilted to see different images. What were they called? Its been doing my brain in.

Holographic?
    A man's dog can live on nothing but anger, the taste of its own balls and smaller dogs.

Comment

Maybe, doesn't ring any bells though. Might of been thinking to much that it was not hologram related.
      Doing a search for "holographic ruler" does return items that do look like the rulers i remember.
      Then again it has been 20 odd years...

Comment

Hologram ruler
        Originally posted by Melkor
        The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

Originally posted by grum666 View Post
          Doing a search for "holographic ruler" does return items that do look like the rulers i remember.
          Then again it has been 20 odd years...
          Type holographic ruler into google images. 2 come up on the first page (a money one that changes for example)
          A man's dog can live on nothing but anger, the taste of its own balls and smaller dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by grum666 View Post
            Its been doing my brain in.
            Life is good when this is your biggest problem to solve.

Comment

didnt the dollarmites have one of these rulers?

Comment

They used to be all the rage when i was younger in England, had them with all the general marvel comic characters.
                I just don't remember them being called holographic, I was under the impression that a hologram generated a 3D effect, not the crappy two picture transition.

But if thats what they are called then so be it.

Comment

useless for playing snaps against kid's with a steel rule. Harsher game than conkers with more chance for knuckle damage.
                  Originally posted by Abuse this
                  Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

They aren't holographic.
                    They are 2 seperate images set up in strips on the ruler and when you tilt the ruler you are looking through different faces of a prism, letting you switch between the 2 images.
                    /pedant

Comment

Originally posted by Desmogod View Post
                      They aren't holographic.
                      They are 2 seperate images set up in strips on the ruler and when you tilt the ruler you are looking through different faces of a prism, letting you switch between the 2 images.
                      /pedant
                      Go into a store and ask for a alternating 2 picture prism ruler... or a holographic, up to you.

Comment

being from the eighties, they were called """AWESOME POWER RULERS TO THE MAX!!!!!!""""

if you are looking to buy one, I am sure if you just asked for a hologrma ruler, most people would know what you're talking about.
                        Can you help with foster care?
                        http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

Lenticular

Comment

Originally posted by Revelations View Post
                            didnt the dollarmites have one of these rulers?
                            Gotta love school banking, I think another kid nicked my dollarmite mechandise pack before it even got to me. I still have the same account number on the bottom of all my invoices today, although it's no longer fee free
                            Originally posted by Archie
                            Give it the beans, before you redline release the beans, tap it up a gear, resume bean-giving.

Comment

I remember the naked lady Pens that used to get confiscated but that was before the 80s.
                              Right way up she has on a dress up the other way she is naked.
                              I live in my own little world, but it's OK they know me here

Comment

Working...
                              X