Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebel car hoons taunt police online.

Rebel car hoons taunt police online | National News | News.com.au

A HOON car club has pledged to take to the streets in a show of defiance against police, urging drivers to perform dangerous stunts during a planned city "cruise".

Westside Car Club, in Adelaide, is using social networking internet site Facebook to promote its blatant disregard for the law and the safety of other road users with an event planned for Friday.

It will start at Arndale Shopping Centre and then visit "every carpark in SA". The event description says: (sic) "Lets do it ppl, go for a kella cruise and maybe some stompa burnouts and a madd drift show", The Advertiser reports.

Of those who have responded to the open invitation, one brags about being caught speeding at 130km/h in a 40km/h zone, while others boast of defects and their cars being impounded.

"In the west we get our licence sideways baby," claims one of the two men listed as administrators on the Westside Car Club site, which claims 51 members.

Thirty-eight people have responded to the invitation saying they will attend, 71 have responded "maybe" and 60 have not yet responded. ( So you KNOW it's serious business)

The Facebook group's administrators could not be contacted yesterday.

The hoons' plan to thumb their noses at police comes just weeks after police announced Taskforce Diagonal and a "zero tolerance" approach for dangerous drivers and irresponsible car clubs.

That move was in response to mass gatherings of hoon drivers who shut down Adelaide roads to do burnouts and drive dangerously in their cars.

Police would not comment yesterday other than to say they "were aware" of the planned event.

When announcing the taskforce, Assistant Commissioner Bronwyn Killmier said Taskforce Diagonal would use criminal investigation techniques and target dangerous drivers as well as those congregating with irresponsible car clubs.

"The people who are driving dangerously at these car clubs can expect a tap on the shoulder," she said.

Taskforce Diagonal police arrested a fifth person on Thursday over hoon driving at Lower Light in June.

The Elizabeth South teenager, 17, was charged with misuse of a motor vehicle, acts to endanger life and driving in a manner dangerous.

His car was seized for seven days and the youth was bailed to appear in the Elizabeth Magistrates Court later this month. Police said investigations were continuing "into other possiblesuspects".

It will be alleged the youth was involved in an organised event where a section of Port Wakefield Rd was shut down for burnouts and "circle work" by hoon drivers.

Two people have been killed this year, one an innocent motorist, in crashes involving high-speed street racing.

Police receive reports of hoon driving on suburban streets almost daily.

A significant number of the 79 deaths on the state's roads so far this year have been attributed to high speeds and irresponsible, dangerous driving. Half of the road deaths listed up to April were attributed to dangerous driving.

A man appeared in Adelaide Magistrates Court yesterday over a crash in May near Ceduna in which four people, including two of his cousins, were killed.

Aaron Pompey, 18, of Thevenard, faces a string of charges over the crash. The car was allegedly travelling at 160km/h.

In the 12 months to June 30, police impounded or clamped cars belonging to 908 hoons.
    So guys, I think it's time for another advertised cannonball run. We just need to put it up on facebook... Because that's the most reliable source of information these days... If you need to write a news article, just grab shit straight off it.

"Lets do it ppl, go for a kella cruise and maybe some stompa burnouts and a madd drift show''
    oh lol.

Comment

another run is in order.
      Need your suspension tuned? See Marty MOOSE! | Need something out of the ordinary? See Gav (GD Engineering)!

Comment

wow a whole 51 members? maybe they should do it sunday morning when all the coppers are in church.
        mind you the whole thing stinks of ignorance, the coppers enforce the laws, not make them, so how are they defying anything?
        Need a website designer? PM me for a quote.
        Here are some sites I've done recently - Velocity Race Team | Business Insurance | West Perth Insurance Broker | Labour Hire | Final Trim Operators

Comment

Who owns the pub in South Australia now?
          Work Buy Consume Die

Comment

51 members, 38 said they would go, 71 said maybe and 60 not yet responded. Someone is not to good with the ole maffematics. probably has 85 holes in the boot lid when he needed 4 to install his useless wing.

Comment

Originally posted by chee View Post
              another run is in order.
              Hell yes!
              I love two strokes. Because they annoy the shit out of people. ^_^

Comment

i have my new bike so hopefully im in with a decent chance.
                Need your suspension tuned? See Marty MOOSE! | Need something out of the ordinary? See Gav (GD Engineering)!

Comment

You can be the sacrificial sheep since your CBR is slower than mine Chee.

Originally posted by Sean'o View Post
                  51 members, 38 said they would go, 71 said maybe and 60 not yet responded. Someone is not to good with the ole maffematics.
                  You don't need to be a member to be invited to an event.

Comment

RR = Really Really Slow??!

Comment

CANNONBALL TIME!!!!111lc

Comment

iaMaxo

I was going to say, that sounds a lot like something some other geniuses thought up at the end of last summer (which may be happening again sometime soon )

Comment

give me a date and i'll favebook it
                          Originally posted by vk6hgr
                          My Hyosung couldn't do that speed if it was dropped in from orbit.

Comment

Originally posted by chee View Post
                            RR = Really Really Slow??!
                            No, 600 = time it takes to get to a hundred!

Comment

So when's the next cannonball run?
                              “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Working...
                              X