Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limestone Blocks

Hi all,

Anyone know the best place to pick up some limestone block from? Need them for a garden bed and I live south of the river.

cheers

mikey

cheapest place I have found is archistone
    a little far from you though, I bought some on sat and will be going back in 2 weeks
    Originally posted by Lefty
    Wouldn't be like me to upset the herd.

Comment

some of those soil/mulch/firewood depots also sell stone.

Comment

natural or reconstituted blocks?

we sell them but we are are a long way from you
        so i would suggest remastone who are south of the river
        there cheaper (and better) than archistone

http://www.remastone.com.au/

Comment

Originally posted by r0gue View Post
          natural or reconstituted blocks?

we sell them but we are are a long way from you
          so i would suggest remastone who are south of the river
          there cheaper (and better) than archistone

Remastone: Reconstituded Limestone Products, Perth Western Australia - Landscaping, Paving Products, Limestone Blocks, Walls, Wall Blocks, Pier Systems, Bullnosing, Pier Capping, Limestone Pavers, Pool Capping, Bullnose Paving
          Which do you guys think is better to use? Do they different much in price? I am just making approx 50m of garden beds around my backyard.

On a side note does anyone know how high garden beds generally are? I was thinking of using the 500x350x200mm blocks and just making it one course high (approx 300m high and 50mm below paver level) with a bullnosing/capping (40mm) on top. Sound ok?

Comment

If you are going to be laying the blocks with mud joints, then why not look at modular limestone blocks from Midland or Austral? (florentine or federation limestone respectively)

I've always thought that looks pretty good with a bullnosed paver laid on top of it.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyV View Post
              Which do you guys think is better to use? Do they different much in price? I am just making approx 50m of garden beds around my backyard.

On a side note does anyone know how high garden beds generally are? I was thinking of using the 500x350x200mm blocks and just making it one course high (approx 300m high and 50mm below paver level) with a bullnosing/capping (40mm) on top. Sound ok?

The main difference is that natural limestone ages with time (go a grey colour)
              recon blocks do not
              I would say stick to recon blocks
              if your only edging use thinner blocks, say 500x350x150 or 500x250x100, will be cheaper and easier to lay
              we also do bullnose which is a lot cheaper than archi or rema
              if you don't mind travelling north one day on the weekend and have access to a decent trailer I can help with both blocks and bullnose
              maybe ring around then message me for a price check?

Comment

I just had a big garden bed wall, 2 courses high put in my back yard with Remastone 500x250x150, and it looks great. Had some left over which I will do my front garden bed with, if any are left after that you are more than welcome to take them. I saw them at soils aint soils but then hunting around on the net ordered direct from remastone & saved a fair bit.

Feel free to come around & take a look if you're down my way.

Comment

Originally posted by r0gue View Post
                  The main difference is that natural limestone ages with time (go a grey colour)
                  recon blocks do not
                  I would say stick to recon blocks
                  if your only edging use thinner blocks, say 500x350x150 or 500x250x100, will be cheaper and easier to lay
                  we also do bullnose which is a lot cheaper than archi or rema
                  if you don't mind travelling north one day on the weekend and have access to a decent trailer I can help with both blocks and bullnose
                  maybe ring around then message me for a price check?
                  Yeh its just for a garden bed / planter box which will go around the border of my back yard. The garden bed will be around 700mm wide (including the block) and I would like a bullnose ontop. I am not sure how high or wide they normally are, 100mm or 150mm wide seems a little small but you probably are the expert. What do people normally buy?

Comment

if you were retaining to a decent height then you would need wider blocks
                    but 100mm or 150mm is fine for a 1 or 2 course planter and is the most common
                    next question would be do you want bevelled edged blocks or standard flats
                    if you want bevelled then you would have to go into the 150mm range, then put a 225 bullnose on top
                    this would be my recommendation for what you want, in either bevelled or flat

Comment

Near you

Bibra Lake
                      Jandakot

Theres also a place on the corner of Berrigan Dve & Jandakot Rd the name of which escapes me at the moment.
                      In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
                      Its the little things that make the difference
                      Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
                      If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

Five star thread?????
                        Can you help with foster care?
                        http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Explosion View Post
                          Five star thread?????
                          yeh ppl must love my work lol

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Explosion View Post
                            Five star thread?????
                            Why not? There is some usefull info in here...not that common any more these days....
                            SP RACINGis supported by:
                            MSC Safe Co.com.au S&K Mineservices.com.au
                            Motorcycle Panel and Paint.com.au Metroframing.com.au
                            Jaguarsteelfabrications.com.au DiLena.com.au

Comment

Working...
                            X