Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning your computer of nasties.

Any suggestions?

I have just run Ad Aware and Spybot; is anything else necessary or advisable?

Thanks

ccleaner CCleaner - Home .. and comodo .. AntiVirus and SSL Certificates - Internet Security Software | Comodo ... free and good comodo firewall is brilliant!
    Vincit Omnia Veritas
    sigpic

Comment

+1 for CCleaner.

I also use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, Spyware Blaster and sometimes AVG. I've found that Malwarebytes Anti-Malware finds more stuff than AVG.
      Originally posted by redfern
      If its good enough to carry missiles is safe enough for you bike.

Comment

Re-install Windows.

Comment

Originally posted by Kharntiitar View Post
          ccleaner CCleaner - Home .. and comodo .. AntiVirus and SSL Certificates - Internet Security Software | Comodo ... free and good comodo firewall is brilliant!
          CCleaner is good.

Comodo can go and die in a fire. I have never been exposed to a more frustrating peice of software, EVER!
          I love two strokes. Because they annoy the shit out of people. ^_^

Comment

glary utilities is essential. Does everything in half the time

Himalayan Heroes W E B S I T E , F A C E B O O K

Perth Cafe Racers F A C E B O O K

Comment

Originally posted by Mybowlcut View Post
              +1 for CCleaner.

I also use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, Spyware Blaster and sometimes AVG. I've found that Malwarebytes Anti-Malware finds more stuff than AVG.
              plus one for malwarebytes

Comment

MalwareBytes Anti-Malware is one of the most effective cleaners at the moment. CCleaner is good for cleaning temporary files, but it doesn't actually scan for malware.
                '====
                //`
                -Magilla
                They observe my perambulations upon my gyroscopically-balanced personal transportation device, and I perceive at my core that they have thus concluded that I am Caucasian, and, while intelligent, I am also somewhat socially inept. - Peculiar Alfred
                Eligible to shadow R & R-E NOW

Comment

Originally posted by Desmogod View Post
                  Re-install Windows.
                  +1 Windows needs a good clean out every couple of years. Sooo many dlls that are no longer required. Best way is "format c:"

Comment

Format c: doesn't work after Windows ME
                    '====
                    //`
                    -Magilla
                    They observe my perambulations upon my gyroscopically-balanced personal transportation device, and I perceive at my core that they have thus concluded that I am Caucasian, and, while intelligent, I am also somewhat socially inept. - Peculiar Alfred

Comment

oh yeah.... oops
                      You do it through the installer now don't you. Not as satisfying though.

Comment

Not nearly as satisfying as telling Linux to take the entire drive from Windows.
                        '====
                        //`
                        -Magilla

Comment

SUPERAntiSpyware.com | Remove Malware | Remove Spyware - AntiMalware, AntiSpyware, AntiAdware!
                          It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow

Comment

my ol man has got this shitty virus called antivirus plus

i've completely gutted this thing and i'll be fucked if I cam find where it is still active. There are no more rundll32.exe's on my pc except for the system32 one. Could it be coming from pre-fetch files? can i delete them without harm?

I have Ccleaner and it doesn't pick it up. AVG won't load so I can't use that to find it. I've lost my key to an older version of spyware doctor which I found to be the best one going .... AAAAARRRRGHGGHHHH MOFO's!

Comment

houscall.trendmicro.com

avast > AVG
                              "Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Comment

Working...
                              X