Ultimate RC plane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate RC plane?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDbQ5xvsrIU&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - RC SR-71 JET[/ame]
    "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

Wow.

Comment

1:30 scale,

probably 1:30 scale of the price of an SR-71 too.....
      Have you won the game recently?? Post here

Comment

so much want...

Comment

If you think that's cool, check out this home made 1/6th scale Harrier model. The whole thing, including engine, exhausts, ducts, airframe and control system were designed and built from the ground up by one guy. There are no 'off the shelf' parts in this aircraft;

Carbon fibre ftw.

Flight videos and pics are here;
          Micro Turbines and Various Proje

The engineering that has gone into that thing is jaw dropping. That's a full bypass turbofan engine, just like the real thing and unheard of in the RC world.
          Last edited by mcmurray; 12-08-2009, 12:31 AM.

Comment

I reckon if you owned that you would spend 99% of the time fucking with it and 1% of the time flying it.
            My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

lol

Yep. And that's exactly what he does.

Comment

That is :awesome: so so :awesome:
                http://www.insearchofacocktail.com - Check it!

Originally posted by lee
                how is that erotic? that's some chick laying on a towel on the floor with her hand down some where's wally knickers with preposterously sized fake cans and shaving rash around her hooch.

Comment

Nice.

How much thrust do these things produce? could it in theory do a scaled down Mach 3 (~34 meters per second)

Comment

Originally posted by grum666 View Post
                    Nice.

How much thrust do these things produce? could it in theory do a scaled down Mach 3 (~34 meters per second)
                    In theory it would be possible. It would require afterburning and one hell of a control system to get through the sound barrier.

Comment

I wonder if it flies any good? it looks a bit sketchy taking off.

Those planes were designed for supersonic flight which uses a different wing design than subsonic.
                      Wes

Comment

Wow. I've been watching the build-up of another one of these.

The Sled

7 years in the making, and each jet engine is worth about $US4k

Originally posted by grum666 View Post
                        Nice.

34m/s is just over 120 km/h, which is easily attainable by model aircraft.

Electric ducted jets have been clocked at over 100mph.
                        Last edited by Magilla; 12-08-2009, 09:54 AM.
                        '====
                        //`
                        -Magilla
                        They observe my perambulations upon my gyroscopically-balanced personal transportation device, and I perceive at my core that they have thus concluded that I am Caucasian, and, while intelligent, I am also somewhat socially inept. - Peculiar Alfred
                        Eligible to shadow R & R-E NOW

Comment

Awesome.

I've been wanting to build a model jet engine for a while. There's really not much to it. All you need is a lathe and mill, there are free plans available on the net.

Comment

we use to have 3 jets at whiteman when I was flying there ... very impressive but they cost up to about 15K to build. plus another 3K for the flight controller.

Darren (he owns MAS hobbies in northlands shopping centre) still has his jet but its parked up in pieces.

Another bloke had a jet chopper as well ... that's impressive but is a simple flight chopper ... no 3D

Comment

I've got a simple flight heli, a 3d heli, a powered glider (almost made) and a Corsair F4U balsa kit (still in its packet).
                              '====
                              //`
                              -Magilla
                              They observe my perambulations upon my gyroscopically-balanced personal transportation device, and I perceive at my core that they have thus concluded that I am Caucasian, and, while intelligent, I am also somewhat socially inept. - Peculiar Alfred
                              Eligible to shadow R & R-E NOW

Comment

Working...
                              X