Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RTR Steregoround radio show

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • RTR Steregoround radio show

    Anyone remember the radio show on RTR from early 1990's to 1997 called Steregoround. Used to be darker sounds, goth, electronic, punk, indie, industrial stuff, but lots of shout outs and letters read out etc.

    Lot's of regulars had their thoughts and requests read out and all had pseudonymns. Anyone remember it?
    Just had a bit of a flash back to it; was a kind of radio forum I guess. Some of it was a bit goth poetry type crap, a bit like emo's with access to facebook.
    Originally posted by Abuse this
    Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

  • #2
    Not Steregoround as such, however similar entertainment was gained from Looney Tunes, Beats Per Minute, and to a lesser extent Full Frequency. Sadly, some are no longer and those that remain have been toned right down
    In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
    Its the little things that make the difference
    Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
    If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

    Comment


    • #3
      yeah I recall BPM featuring some good early techno.
      Originally posted by Abuse this
      Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

      Comment


      • #4
        Looney tunes... bongs bubbling in the mic and nangs been thrown over the console...
        In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
        Its the little things that make the difference
        Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
        If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

        Comment


        • #5
          Was that the one with Stephen Mallinder as host? Of Cabaret Voltaire fame?

          Comment


          • #6
            Thats the fellow...
            In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
            Its the little things that make the difference
            Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
            If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

            Comment


            • #7
              Just thinking of how small Perth truely is: Mallinder had a studio out in Freo from memory and did some production on a Yummy Fur album IIRC. They later became 6 Mile High and tried to crack the UK market. Their Bassist then went on to record on the solo album the Happy Mondays and Black Grape frontman Shaun Ryder put out Amateur Night In The Big Top.

              Amateur Night In The Big Top - Amateur Night In The Big Top (CD, Album) at Discogs

              I know Mallinder also worked with the yummy Furs' Travis Calley in a project, very sample intensive. Travis used to work alot with an Atari ST.
              Originally posted by Abuse this
              Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

              Comment


              • #8
                There was Darkwings until a few weeks back still on air on RTR, and now the only real fix for dark music is Behind The Mirror on Wednesday nights.

                Comment


                • #9
                  i used to tape a couple of the mid week after 1am rtr shows around that period, they were good for finding new music to listen to.
                  Originally posted by Bendito
                  If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by mekon View Post
                    Just thinking of how small Perth truely is: Mallinder had a studio out in Freo from memory and did some production on a Yummy Fur album IIRC. They later became 6 Mile High and tried to crack the UK market. Their Bassist then went on to record on the solo album the Happy Mondays and Black Grape frontman Shaun Ryder put out Amateur Night In The Big Top.

                    Amateur Night In The Big Top - Amateur Night In The Big Top (CD, Album) at Discogs

                    I know Mallinder also worked with the yummy Furs' Travis Calley in a project, very sample intensive. Travis used to work alot with an Atari ST.
                    Yeah, I've known Mal for years, his wife was my Ex wifes best mate, you know the simply irresistible song? She's the chick right at the start who opens her eyes.
                    He also lectures at Murdoch IIRC.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X