Dryer blew up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dryer blew up

My dryer made a big bang the other day and stopped working ...

Pulled it apart and this is what I found ...

what is the blown up bit and how can I fix it?

Tis a fan motor. You need a new motor if they will sell you one. W.A. Appliance parts.
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

looks like your stator coils are blown m8... PM benjedho for lolz.
      "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

as I posted this I noticed the wires going in and thought what's the bet this is the actual fan motor ... thanks for confirming that chew ...

Do I replaced the whole bottom or just that motor bit?

Comment

Looks like it was made by Honda
          For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
          For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Whole motor.
            They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

Looks like just a small transformer, if you get the specs of it you should be able to replace it.

Comment

Originally posted by Viper View Post
                as I posted this I noticed the wires going in and thought what's the bet this is the actual fan motor ... thanks for confirming that chew ...

Do I replaced the whole bottom or just that motor bit?
                Chances are you'll have to replace the whole bottom as I doubt you can get the coil off. It looks like a transformer, not a motor.

Comment

Originally posted by barfridge View Post
                  Looks like it was made by Honda
                  Is there a Yamzsuzikawcati behind it?

Comment

you need to try and capture the smoke then put it back inside.
                    IM ALWAYS ON THE EDGE, ITS ONLY THE SHARPNESS THAT VARYS

Comment

because you've been so helpful chew i'll let you shit in the thread

I think its a Ducati ... electrical problems

Comment

Originally posted by MattyA View Post
                        Lolz.

S.
                        Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Comment

is not transformer, is part of the motor. You'll be able to unscrew the front bearing plate (can see the philips head screw on one side) and pull out the fan, shaft and rotor as one assembly.

Then you may be able to remove the stator which consists of the burnt out coil and the laminated metal plates, which might be replaceable as a separate part. Once you have it out, call WA Appliance Spares together with your make/model/year (batch if you can) numbers and see what's the smallest spare part they carry that includes your stator.

"Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

wa appliance parts can't help me but house hold spare parts are seeing what they can do ... downside is they in willeton ...

Missus might have to go for a drive hahahahahahhaha

Comment

Originally posted by MattyA View Post
                              eheh
                              Originally posted by Bendito
                              If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

Working...
                              X