Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone run multiple xbox's with xbmc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone run multiple xbox's with xbmc?

Hey All
    coupla things im wondering, ive got 4 xboxs with xbmc on them,
    what i want to do is have them playing the same media all at once, as close to sync'd as possible.. any done anything similar to this?

also...

using a Nevo SL remote, can i control them from the remote via upnp or something like that? not necessarily all at once, usually just the one, and browse and launch media from the remote instead of navigating on the tv.

googling hasnt turned up alot

don't expect much to come from this, but there must be some other nerdy savvy people that have tried similar to this hopefully

You could ask the "large helpful community" at XBMC Community Forum?
    Originally posted by Dragunov-21
    If you want me to answer a question, I want you to ask one that doesn't put words in my mouth that were never there.

Comment

I'd open a stream on a fifth device using something like VLC.
      I'd then connect to the stream with all the xboxes.

We've done this between a home stereo and car stereo before.
      The trick is to use an external machine to stream otherwise there is an inherent delay.
      "In all the human societies we have ever reviewed, in every age and in every state, there has seldom if ever been a shortage of eager young males prepared to kill and die to preserve the security, comfort and prejudices of their elders, and what you call heroism is just an expression of this fact; there is never a scarcity of idiots." -The Culture

Comment

Further to that post, here are the details on how to do it:

- HACKED -

With a demo:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvqIYEFy21I"]YouTube - Synchronized Streaming with VLC[/ame]

Edit:

Here's how to use XBMC as the client:

http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3658
        Last edited by Kryzaach; 13-08-2009, 03:18 PM.
        "In all the human societies we have ever reviewed, in every age and in every state, there has seldom if ever been a shortage of eager young males prepared to kill and die to preserve the security, comfort and prejudices of their elders, and what you call heroism is just an expression of this fact; there is never a scarcity of idiots." -The Culture

Comment

i saw that video in my hunting, very cool, but trying to move away from pc's everywhere.
          doesnt bother me but the boss isnt too keen.
          will keep hunting

Comment

Working...
          X