Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oregon Scientific helmet cam (with video!!11!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oregon Scientific helmet cam (with video!!11!)

I bought an Oregon Scientific sport helmet cam, and took it for a run at about dusk last night:

CBF250 + Oregon Scientific helmet cam test run

This is a test run of my new Oregon Scientific helmet cam, at dusk. It's mounted on the front left indicator of my Honda CBF250. Apart from the high contrast areas (lit sky vs shadowed landscape), it does quite well. The film was taken at about 5:30pm in winter, so by the time I got back, it was quite dark.

Things to do:
    1) Daylight test
    2) Turn the gain on the mic down (or muffle it somehow)
    3) Find a less shaky mounting point

I'm a novice rider, so my technique needs work (in before teh "U SUCK"s), and yes, I AM squidding, due to the gravel and sand on the corners.

I've decided to leave the audio in, because the distortion makes the bike sound more beastly than it actually is. I've also edited out about 3 minutes of straight road, to get the video under 10 minutes.

Enjoy, or not, it's your choice.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS242SCpfbc]YouTube - CBF250 + Oregon Scientific helmet cam test run[/ame]

I ordered and paid for the cam in mid march, and after 4 months of screwing around, Camera House decided they couldn't get it for me any more, so they apparently upgraded me to the next model for no extra charge. Hopefully, I can get some footage along the coastal tourist loop for you guys this weekend.
    Last edited by Magilla; 14-08-2009, 02:29 PM. Reason: Because I'm awesome
    '====
    //`
    -Magilla
    They observe my perambulations upon my gyroscopically-balanced personal transportation device, and I perceive at my core that they have thus concluded that I am Caucasian, and, while intelligent, I am also somewhat socially inept. - Peculiar Alfred
    Eligible to shadow R & R-E NOW

Hmmm, nice work, cleaner picture than I expected, mayhap I should get one of these..
    "In all the human societies we have ever reviewed, in every age and in every state, there has seldom if ever been a shortage of eager young males prepared to kill and die to preserve the security, comfort and prejudices of their elders, and what you call heroism is just an expression of this fact; there is never a scarcity of idiots." -The Culture

Comment

This is the camera: Waterproof Action Cam (AT18) (AT18-08G) :Action Cam: Outdoor: Oregon Scientific

I was surprised at how well it handled low light situations.
      '====
      //`
      -Magilla
      They observe my perambulations upon my gyroscopically-balanced personal transportation device, and I perceive at my core that they have thus concluded that I am Caucasian, and, while intelligent, I am also somewhat socially inept. - Peculiar Alfred

Comment

The old one was balls at low light.
        Also the strap didn't fit onto my helmet.
        Also the mount for the camera broke so now it needs to be 100MPH taped (Thanks Ghetto!) to shit.
        Need to find it and take it to paint ball....
        c o o l s t o r y b r o

Comment

Yeah, the strap doesn't fit on my motorbike helmet. I'm still working on that technicality. In the mean time, the handlebar mount works great.

You can get new mounting kits for THIS model for about $15: Accessory/Mounting Kit (ATC3KACC01G) :Action Cam Accessories: Outdoor: Oregon Scientific

Dunno if it will fit yours or not though...
          '====
          //`
          -Magilla

Comment

$15 to replace the mount that will probably just break again?

Pfft.
            100MPH tape will do.
            c o o l s t o r y b r o

Comment

Guess it depends on whether you learned anything when you broke it the first time
              '====
              //`
              -Magilla

Comment

I was actually putting it on my bike.
                The mount snapped in half.
                c o o l s t o r y b r o

Comment

Nice. The handlebar mount? I guess it would, if you tried to open it too far. Soaking it in hot water first would probably help with that.
                  '====
                  //`
                  -Magilla

Comment

No, the mounting plate that the rubber strap goes through.
                    Handlebar mount wasn't thick enough to mount to anything.
                    c o o l s t o r y b r o

Comment

o_O
                      '====
                      //`
                      -Magilla

Comment

Working...
                      X