Finding it hard to Unworry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding it hard to Unworry?

Then please join me by sending SGIO an email to complain about their complete bastardisation of the English language. You can make your point here :
    Contact us for Car, Home, Motorcycle & more - SGIO SA

I actually overheard someone - completely seriously - suggest to her friend that she needs to unworry. Its time to take action before unworry, unold, and all the other uns become normalised.

The message it sends to me is that SGIO are unprofessional - not disimilar to when we have a giggle at Japlish, except I don't find SGIO's campaign funny. Or am I missing the campaign point?

that's exactly the point. They do it because its not a word.
    If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

Originally posted by Lolly View Post
      Then please join me by sending SGIO an email to complain about their complete bastardisation of the English language. You can make your point here :

I actually overheard someone - completely seriously - suggest to her friend that she needs to unworry. Its time to take action before unworry, unold, and all the other uns become normalised.

The message it sends to me is that SGIO are unprofessional - not disimilar to when we have a giggle at Japlish, except I don't find SGIO's campaign funny. Or am I missing the campaign point?
      Campains point is very simple, comercial television is crap, the big red power button on the remote will fix it.
      Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

that add shits me [email protected] japlish

Comment

Some people care too much or don't have enough to do

Comment

I probably fit into both those categories today ^_^

Comment

slight thread derail,

What the fuck is the significance of the swans attacking the cars in that insurance ad?
              (i have no idea which company, could be sgio..)

Comment

aami.
                I think the point is that its something completely random, and that AAMI understands.
                If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

The thing is he has a black car with a red car bra so all the swans think it is also a swan or some shit.

Then they cause crashes and beard pullings and no doubt a few wang honks, so everyone calls whatever the fuck insurance, and amazingly dont get put on hold and actually get someone nice who amazingly and unrealistically seems to solve it straight away.

Get it.

And fuck damn that song is catchy.
                  My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

Originally posted by Lolly View Post

Sorry Lolly, can't bring me pedant-stick out for this one - makes me think Jamaica, then beaches and rum, then Appleleton's Estate and sliced limes - then me un-worrry maximaaaal, sistaaa... Life can be good in my little world...

Comment

Originally posted by Griff View Post
                      Sorry Lolly, can't bring me pedant-stick out for this one - makes me think Jamaica, then beaches and rum, then Appleleton's Estate - then me un-worry maximaaaal, sistaaa... Life can be good in my little world...
                      mmmmmmm, appleton

Comment

I have a unique skill where I shut down and think of more relevent things during adverts much to the disgust of my fellow tele watchers. I am regularly asked by my wife and child about an ad that is on and I have to wait till its on again or have them explain it to me and pay attention specifically to respond.

I will now watch it, sounds like more crap though.

The whole deconstruction of our language is a concern IMO.
                        They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

Originally posted by chew View Post

Oh no - just saw this thread - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...fighter-87346/ - 'Un fighter'

Its already happening!!! :o

Comment

Originally posted by Nero Diablo View Post
                            the big red power button on the remote will fix it.
                            No it won't.
                            Originally posted by chew View Post
                            Because this ^ is the problem she was talking about. Which I agree with. But the machinations of society and its stupidity are too big for the likes of us to combat, I think
                            Insert witty comment here

Comment

A deconstruction is pulling it apart and analysing it. This is a degeneration.

Comment

Working...
                              X