Retipping pool cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retipping pool cues

Anyone good at retipping cues? I keep fucking mine up. They told me to sand the tip down a little, but I can never get the tip straight - it always ends up on an angle. (The tip has an angle on the base when I get it, its not flat.)

Its driving me crazy, anyone got some good tips? (no pun)
    If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

get a mirror or sheet of glass, spray water, and use this to stick down the sheet of sandpaper. This gives a dead flat working surface.

Then you just need to keep the cue vertical...
    For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
    For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Problem is, i need to sand the flat part of the tip- so i only have a little bit to hold onto, so it ends up not vertical in my hand.
      If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

Try a cue tip shaper.

I'm no pro but it worked well for me.

Comment

that's not gonna help me get the bottom straight though, is it?

Comment

Most tips I've used tend to be quite thick. So I don't see a problem even if the bottom isn't perfectly straight. The striking surface on the tip just needs to be shaped.

Am I making sense to you?

Comment

Yeah i spose so. I'll give that a go, cheers.

Comment

No worries. Hope that goes well for you.

Best to trip the edges with a pen knife first or a proper cutter before using the shaper or you'll spend quite a bit of time on it.

good luck!

Comment

its a pita

best way to do it is to get a good set of tip tools. A knife works great to get the old one off, but you are going to want a decent tool for the new ones.
                  I got my tip tool and some nice moori tips in the cue accessories section at billiardbuyer.com. The guy on the phone there was great and walked me through the process, took about 10 min after all was said and done.

Good luck!

I'm selling my gsxr this spring (k6 600) what should i get for my new bike?

Comment

Working...
                  X