Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• District 9

Who's seen it? Thoughts?

I've seen it twice already (advanced screening on Wednesday then again last night) and I think it's just amazing. Possibly the best made film I've ever seen. Even more amazing is that this was the directors (Neil Blomkamp) first feature film. Before this he'd only directed short films and commercials. Since I saw it I've been trying to think of films I've enjoyed more and so far I haven't been able to think of any. I really can't wait to see what Neil Blomkamp comes up with next.
    Feels good man.

i loved it, loved it because the hero isnt some huge muscle man with no neck he is a geeky office guy.

nother key thing for me was the use of CGI like alot of movies today it used a fair amount of CGI but it wasn't reliant on it as some others are.

all in all a must see.
    Hot air balloons, the gentleman's escape vehicle.

Comment

a mate went and saw it wednesday night and he said that he was one of the few ppl that didnt walk out it was so shit

Dubs

Comment

Originally posted by Dubs View Post
        a mate went and saw it wednesday night and he said that he was one of the few ppl that didnt walk out it was so shit

Dubs
        i don't know a bout other peoples but even if i find the movie terrable i have never walked out of one. i just don't have $15 to waste like that.
        Hot air balloons, the gentleman's escape vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by Shogun View Post
          i don't know a bout other peoples but even if i find the movie terrable i have never walked out of one. i just don't have $15 to waste like that.
          I've done it, asked for my money back and had it handed to me before (undercover brother).

Heard mixed stuff about this movie.
          I dunno if I'd pay to watch it at a cinema.

Comment

hahah Undercover brother is a fucking classic.

We will have to agree to disagree on that one.

I dont think I have ever seen people walk out of movie let alone heaps of people leave.

I call shenanigans on your mates description Dubs, Im sure he was using creative license.

I would be keen to see this movie.
            My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

I saw it at an advanced screening last weekend.

I thought it was an awesome movie, would def see it again.
              Riding for Cameron Elliott #52
              1985 - 2009

Comment

Originally posted by redfern View Post
                I call shenanigans on your mates description Dubs, Im sure he was using creative license.
                That about sums it up.

I liked it over all. I wouldn't rate it as being brilliant, just different but not entirely in a bad way. And the random lulz such as a guy being killed with a pig.

Comment

saw it tonight. It's different, though not in a bad way. I enjoyed it, though it wasn't mind blowing or anything
                  www.duane-watson.com

Comment

I fucking hate sci-fi genre stuff but thoroughly enjoyed this.

Very unique way it was filmed aswell.

I'd give it a 9/10

Comment

Yeh, saw it tonight too, pretty funny at times with the random exploding people haha. Expect to walk out of there speekin suf africaaan. For DVD release, drinking game for the amount of times the protaganist says Fuck... Be prepared to drink alot :p
                      Some stupid bits, but its another one of those movies that tries to make you think, and twas different, so thumbs up for me.
                      :stupid:

Comment

Originally posted by bangbang View Post
                        I fucking hate sci-fi genre stuff but thoroughly enjoyed this.
                        Reality is real yo.

I loved it. Whole movie I was thinking, get in the fucking robot thing and fuck some shit up. I wanted more gore, but the gore was very impressive. Emily said she felt like throwing up.

Spoiler: show
                        Dumbledore dies.

Comment

Oh so looking forward to seeing this
                          hopefully this week sometime

Comment

Originally posted by Dubs View Post

Dubs
                            The people watching must have expected a cookie cutter hollywood action flick. District 9 is a great film, but its no hollywood blockbuster - which is what made it so great.

Comment

it was interesting... enough said

Comment

Working...
                              X