The Cool Light Painting Photography Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cool Light Painting Photography Thread

Found some cool light painting pics which I thought I'd chuck up here for all to admire. Feel free to add your own/any others you find.

:awesome:
    For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
    For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Thats cool.
      Riding - Living the dream...

Comment

i've mucked around a little with light painting mine aren't as good as those but it good fun none the less

Originally posted by CBRsairz
        assume nothing Macca, I've totally been cockblocked before :spiteful:

Comment

Are they done the old skool way or post processing???

Comment

i did mine the old school way long exposure painting with a little led torch i've actually got another one that i want to do but i had to make some coloured gels for the full effect.

for every one of mine that works out how i want it i might do 3-4 others for practice
            Originally posted by CBRsairz
            assume nothing Macca, I've totally been cockblocked before :spiteful:

Comment

some more

Comment

Originally posted by Kingy View Post
                Are they done the old skool way or post processing???
                not too sure kingy but by the looks of most of them they look like they've been done the good old fashioned way

Comment

they are bloody awesome!
                  As a general rule, the better it felt when you said it, the more trouble it's going to get you into.

'Soul' - Italian word for unreliability.

For a way to start racing cheap, go here > http://supermotowa.com

Comment

wow, they are so cool.
                    so whats the actual process of doing it? I it all that hard?
                    I was just raising hell I wasn't doing no harm, the cops could not appreciate my natural charm.

Comment

:awesome:

thread subscribed!

vvv is my favourite so far....
                      Originally posted by Semi
                      I ride slowly because I'm a massive faggot.

Comment

Originally posted by 02keilj View Post
                        wow, they are so cool.
                        so whats the actual process of doing it? I it all that hard?
                        long exposure in low light.. use a led light and paint away!

Comment

Great use of LED lights... especially with colours available.

Yeah set camera open for a long exposure... run around "painting" stuff with a LED torch (with colour filter if you want) and then fire off a burst of flash to fill in the foreground and the other subjects. I think the "painter" normally wears dark clothes so as they move around the scene that dont become visible.

Note that I have not done this as such... so could be wrong... closest I have done is time laspe of traffic light waiting for all three colours to cycle thru and then set off the flash to light up the actual traffic light itself so you get a pic with all three colours lit.

Comment

Originally posted by rudleo View Post

Actually you can tell it is real as in this one you can see the blurry "painter" on the RHS where he/she is standing next to the chair.

Amazing stuff.. especailly the creativity to visulise what it will come out like and just where to paint, effectively in 3D like that.

Comment

Brilliant, in more ways than one!
                              "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X