Need a change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a change

I feel my life is in a dead end loop and I need a change, pronto!
    My job is going nowhere (posty), My music is going nowhere so now I'm looking at an apprenticeship but not sure what yet...

Saw an apprenticeship for a navy ship mechanic but it's abit risky as I don't wanna be stuck out at sea if they are all cock heads (or even out at sea for 6 months), I may just jump at it though.

Are there any cabinet makers here? Whats the pay like?

What apprenticeships have you all done and whats the pros/cons of the job?

Free android puzzle game
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...TempleOfMedina

If you're looking at a mech job, theres possibly going to be a TA position opening up at my workplace shortly. I work on aircraft, and we're in the process of rebuilding a Queenair.

We'll be needing someone to do some basic wing work and fuel bladder re-installations before we put the wings back on the aircraft. It is only a temporary position (probably only a few months at most), but it will give you a taste of what its like.

Also, have you looked at pre-apprenticeship courses? Any decent employer will look favourably upon you having some previous trade knowledge and experience. Another thing to be aware of is that apprentices don't get paid a hell of a lot. In my first year I was on about $7 an hour.
    A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin.

Dear god, it's some weird bastardized three wheeled two person go-kart.

Comment

I have pretty much no mechanical experience at all, Besides I wouldn't want to leave my job for a temporary position . I know the pay is pretty bad for most apprenticeships for the first few years, but this navy job isn't too bad though....$38,000 for first 12 weeks, then goes up to $42,000 till you complete the theory training which will then rise to $53,000

If I don't go for this navy job I will most probably do a pre-app once I find which I really want to do.
      Free android puzzle game

Comment

I'd go see a careers counsellor (if you haven't already), they will be able to tell you what your most prominent skills are and then you can choose from the things you will most likely succeed at. Helped me heaps when I was younger and had to change jobs / careers. You may also get some great ideas for hobbies too.

Comment

I went to an interview for a cabient making apprenticeship on friday, and it seemed pretty good, but for $11/hr I dont know if I could live on it. Doing it up north may bring some extra income.

Talking to a few people that had finished there apprenticeship were saying that the pay after you finish isnt that great either, compared to what they are charging. ($600-800/week)
          http://www.insearchofacocktail.com - Check it!

Originally posted by lee
          how is that erotic? that's some chick laying on a towel on the floor with her hand down some where's wally knickers with preposterously sized fake cans and shaving rash around her hooch.

Comment

I knew a cocuple cabinet makers that were working as carpenter's in the Pilbara, wich was $90k+. But if you couldnt work for metro money, Id be hesitant to start it.

Yes, apprentice wages are shit.
            Originally posted by Amac
            suck me on the hat you mole fucker, steroid affected me cock

Comment

Not for all it seems though, I have a mate that is on $19 an hour, doing electrical. Very generous imo
              http://www.insearchofacocktail.com - Check it!

Originally posted by lee
              how is that erotic? that's some chick laying on a towel on the floor with her hand down some where's wally knickers with preposterously sized fake cans and shaving rash around her hooch.

Comment

When I was looking at elec apprenticeships it wasnt 19/hr The rate is flexible, depending on the employer, but the minimum is shit, even for mature age, no matter what the trade is.
                Originally posted by Amac
                suck me on the hat you mole fucker, steroid affected me cock

Comment

anyone know anywhere that does apprenticeships on a week on week off basis...... cos thats how my work is now, so if i could get one that works out on the opposite week to that i work it would be mint, still cant bloody decide what i want to do though :S

Comment

Originally posted by carlos View Post
                    I went to an interview for a cabient making apprenticeship on friday, and it seemed pretty good, but for $11/hr I dont know if I could live on it. Doing it up north may bring some extra income.

Talking to a few people that had finished there apprenticeship were saying that the pay after you finish isnt that great either, compared to what they are charging. ($600-800/week)
                    Thats a pretty poor wage
                    I make more than that being a posty, I wouldn't be able to live on $11/hr either, Or I'd atleast have to give up a few things I love like martial arts.
                    Free android puzzle game

Comment

Originally posted by Teedo View Post
                      Or I'd atleast have to give up a few things I love like martial arts.
                      couldnt give it up if you still wana be a posty too

Comment

some more options for you...

HWE mining Trainee and Apprentice Intake 2010

Comment

Fix computers for a living myself 17 y.o.

From the get go was $10 a hour, wich is pretty good n my opinion. For someone my age, cant feed ya kids on something as pathetic as that!

Comment

Do not get freaked out about the low pay...

Not all employers pay their apprentices slave labour...

16 year old first year at my work took just under $40k...

I did Mechanical Fitting have worked in Mining and Agricultural fields...

Big dollars can be made and if you are any good you never have to worry about job security...

Comment

Regarding the military route, are you interested in electronics? I know in the RAAF it's possible to join up as an electronics technician, transfer to officer training and they'll pay you to go to uni for 4 years to get an engineering degree, all the while earning a very good wage.

Something to think about.

Comment

Working...
                              X