Paid Cash for Insurance Claim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paid Cash for Insurance Claim

I had another car accident today, again not my fault. first, a few weeks ago, was the front right of the car (cosmetic pannel damage, with a squeaky door), this morning it's the back left (cosmetic pannel damage again).

i was thinking of getting a new car before this started.

how would i arrange to be paid cash for the repairs so i can put the money towards a new car and just leave this one bunky?

would their insurance company potentially let this happen or would i have to arrange it directly with the other driver and hope they don't make a claim?

as long as i get proper quotes i really don't see the difference from their side, so surely it's possible, right?

yes get the quotes and ask to cash settle based on the average of the three quotes

Comment

I believe it's possible. At very worst, you could probably get a cheque made out for the value of your vehicle to whatever car dealership you nominate. I'm not sure they'd be that keen on cash, but I'm not an insurancy person.

PM Lozzle dude, she should be able to provide some advice.

Comment

Third parties cannot repair your car.

They can only offer settlement if they are at fault, which may be the price of repairs or value of the vehicle if written off minus salvage value.

Comment

Originally posted by lee View Post
          At very worst, you could probably get a cheque made out for the value of your vehicle to whatever car dealership you nominate. I'm not sure they'd be that keen on cash
          cash/cheque... same thing. as long as i can do what i want with the money

cheers, i'll do that

Comment

Originally posted by rgvlee View Post
            Third parties cannot repair your car.

They can only offer settlement if they are at fault, which may be the price of repairs or value of the vehicle if written off minus salvage value.
            okay, so i'll call their insurance company and ask the question regarding their policies

Comment

Working...
            X