Hotham valley Restaurant train

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotham valley Restaurant train

Hey has anyone been on the hatham valley resturant train for dinner.. It looks quite interesnting and something a bit different.

Website is shitty tho

Restaurant Trains

I've always meant to do it, it looks lovely, and would be great this time of year with everything green and the wildflowers out
    For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
    For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Have been on it twice....that was a while ago now.

Had a great time......the food is good but a lot of it appeared to be pre made.....understanding due to lack of facilities onboard.

Comment

EDIT Nvm.
        :stupid:

Comment

Been on it, loved it.
          Be careful with your drinking though, you get picked up and dropped off in Armadale at the pub on the main intersection near macca's and you should try getting a taxi from there at midnight !!!
          So someone needs to be the skipper or get someone to pick you up.

The tables are a bit cramped for four but otherwise, i'd do it again no worries.
          I think there's another pick up spot as well as armadale, not sure where tho.
          CAUTION: ATTEMPTING TO OVERTAKE THIS VEHICLE MAY RESULT IN A HIGH SPEED WHEELIE

Comment

I have been 3 times already & am booked to go to the Xmas one. I love it. Pick up is also available at East Perth Rail. Another alternative is to drive/ride down & stay for night, come home at leisure. There is a kitchen car complete with # 2 metters stove. Well there was, all food was prepared on train. May have changed, but what the heck, It's a great outing.
            Last edited by QuietLil; 26-08-2009, 04:16 PM. Reason: more info.
            "Son, could you please remove my MAD sig?"

Sure mum, here you go....

Comment

yes but dont spend the extra money on the separate dining car - everyone else uses it as a thoroughfare to get to the dunny!

Comment

Working...
              X