Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the UFC 102 thread

also
    Keith Jardine doesn’t rule out a Techno Viking entrance … at UFC blog for UFC news, results, videos, rumors, fights, pics and tickets — MMAmania.com

Main card

Preliminary card

My maincard picks:

Randy - via durty boxing
    Technoviking - via shifty footwork
    Leben - via tantrum
    Maia - via 3 combined submissions
    Soszynski - via concrete headpunch to the fist

In other news Lesnar is to face Carwin at ufc 106(after the cain v carwin fight got scrapped)

Heavyweight bout: Randy Couture vs. Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira[1] = :awesome:

Comment

Not a bad line up

106 is looking interesting, would love to see Lesnar eat the mat, but he wont

Comment

106 is looking interesting, would love to see Lesnar eat the mat, but he wont
        If Carwin can get a punch in, there is a possibility.
        I would have preferred Carwin go up against a wrestler first though.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxo View Post
          If Carwin can get a punch in, there is a possibility.
          I would have preferred Carwin go up against a wrestler first though.
          possible yes, likely no. Agree about Carwin going up against a wrestler first.

I will stay positive though, one day it will happen, and i will be jumping for joy

Comment

I haven't seen whats lining up for 106, but as for lesnar eating the mat the guy is just scary quick on the ground. I still think couture has been the only person to even push him and what he did (grind him up against the fence make his stamina fade) is probably going to be how someone beats him.

Results I want to see(maybe .. i didn't do so good in 101 )
            Randy - let's be serious we all want him to win anyway
            Thiago - he's been training hard, but this is tough to call i won't have a problem if i get it wrong, Light Heavyweight is easily the premier class right now
            Rosholt - because leben's a giant tool (no real other reason)
            Maia - Submission machine
            Soszynski - He's a step in for someone else so i gotta give him props for that, He will win by Kimura

Comment

Randy - Win by Awesome
              Thiaga - Don't think Dean has a chance here
              Leben - His head is to hard to be knocked off - He KO'd Terry Martin for fucks sake
              Nate Marquardt - A maybe... Maia is crazy good on the ground. Should be a good fight.
              Originally posted by Roger Explosion
              Running giveway signs is not hooning. Only dangerous actions like reving your engine is...

Comment

Main card has some really good fights.

It would be great to see Randy win.
                Silva will most likely be victorious.. but I'm hoping the Dean kicks ass.
                Leben's crying face has given me the shits since TUF1. I don't know much about Rosholt, but if he can pull a TKO against Leben, I will be pleased.
                No doubt Maia will look to submit Marquardt. Am rather fond of Marquardt so I'd like to see him put up a good fight and not get submitted too quickly.
                Would love to see Soszynski go hard and win. I was impressed with the Gusmao fight. Vera is a good opponent. Should be cool to watch.

Comment

Spoiler: show

As usual, I get no picks correct.

BUT DAYUM!

POW! :awesome:

Jardine's gremlin stance needs a little work I think.
                  He didn't look even slightly as good as he did V Page.

Randy impressed the living shit out of me getting out of some of the crap he did.
                  Getting knocked down then immediately getting out of the d'arce choke(a Nog choke no less)...
                  But Nog takes the cake for that flip from guard to mount. That shit was incredible.
                  What a cool fucking fight.

Comment

loved it, one of my fav ufcs for a while

Dubs

Comment

If nothing else, everytime I watch I see the athletes reaching a new level. Fucking impressive all around

Comment

Insert vomiting and a subsequent fit on the ground

Although he did fight on and copped a head kick and elbow action for his troubles

Gonzaga #1 p4p Roshambo champion!:dood:

edit: Dubs how are the nuts?

Comment

Working...
                        X