Dvd recorder sales people???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dvd recorder sales people???

ok so I just searched and found the Kambos thread but alas Kelvin does not work there anymore.

soooo does anyone else work in electronics store that can give PSB personnel good discounts?

I want a dvd recorder with hard drive etc ...

tah

No you don't.
    Get a HD PVR.
    Like this one...

You've got loads of cash what with all that Jerky you've sold right?
    c o o l s t o r y b r o

Comment

Go through malaga on your way home, kambos, good guys and harvey norman all within 1k of each other, they will all haggle and try and under cut the other. I have noticed lately though that kambos are having a lot higher marked prices than they used to, higher shelf prices than harvey norman, so you may think you are getting a good discount but in reality you arent, shop around.

Comment

Kambos don't seem to be anywhere near as good since they are no longer Retravision. Lots of old stock still on the shelves, prices not as good.
        For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
        For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Originally posted by browncow View Post
          No you don't.
          Get a HD PVR.
          Like this one...

You've got loads of cash what with all that Jerky you've sold right?
          its taken 3 months of saving jerky sales money to buy it ... i'm too generous with my 100gm bags

that thing is only $300 wtf?????

Comment

I also need to watch DVD's cowboy ... how can I do that with that thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Viper View Post
              its taken 3 months of saving jerky sales money to buy it ... i'm too generous with my 100gm bags

that thing is only $300 wtf?????
              I think it's about $900...

I also need to watch DVD's cowboy ... how can I do that with that thing?
              Built in DVD player.
              It's a bulletproof unit though.
              The designers from Topfield left and made their own PVR, specifically to address the needs of customers that were asking for features.
              Things like network streaming, ICE TV guide support, etc.
              It's an AWESOME box dude.
              Twin HD tuners, Upgradeable HDD so you can in theory chuck a 1tb drive into it, ethernet for network streaming... It's a top unit.
              c o o l s t o r y b r o

Comment

oops how do I get the shit off the machine ... ie from the hard drive to a dvd disk or just use the USB key and use my PC to make the dvd???

Comment

no bluray though :-(

Comment

Out of all the shops on that "malaga strip" the best two are definetely good guys and JB for prices. Play the two off against each other and your in for a win on prices. Kambo's are useless now and that's probably reflects in the good staff people leaving.

Another good hard drive recorder thingy to consider is the pana. You should be able to get that for around $900, maybe less. I got the previous model. It's good.

Comment

oops how do I get the shit off the machine ... ie from the hard drive to a dvd disk or just use the USB key and use my PC to make the dvd???
                      I dont own one but my understanding it that it has built in wireless... you can either load files onto your PC and then convert and burn to DVD if you really want to... also as for playing DVDs you can go the other way and stream the DVD from your PC. Or just keep them stored on your PC and play them when you like rather than burning to formal DVD which I would only do if you need a copy portable (say for the kids).

Personally DVD players are so cheap I would just buy a bog std one and use this to do everything else than get a combined unit.

I just bought an older topfield and are amazed by it and one of the best things I have ever bought... this one shits bricks all over the toppy from what I have read so you can;t go wrong assuming you can afford the $$. (Note I got an older SD toppy because I have no HD stuff as yet, so not comparing directly to a comparable twin HD toppy to be fair)

EDIT: Oh I just noticed it even has a DVD player (not recorder) in it... ubinowkthnx

Comment

Basically, yes.
                        Or there is the network thing, so you just run an ethernet cable up to the router from the beyonwiz, and then you just copy it to your PC and burn to a dick.
                        Or USB, or whatever.

It will also find movies on your PC and let you stream them across to the TV.
                        c o o l s t o r y b r o

Comment

Originally posted by browncow View Post
                          and burn to a dick.
                          teehee!
                          For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                          For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

olo
                            c o o l s t o r y b r o

Comment

If you want good advice from people that know what they are talking about, hang out at DTV Forums Australia for an hour or so reading up the information available there.

The best advice I picked up there was to avoid any recording stuff that is branded with "Freeview" or "Freeview Apporved" since the only difference between the Freeview stuff and a non-Freeview recorder is that the Freeview one won't let you skip through commercials.
                              Give me an open road and a full tank and I'll be happy.

Comment

Working...
                              X