Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone dealt with australian talent management?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone dealt with australian talent management?

Australian Talent Management

While searching for jobs I came across this and I signed up for an 'extra'. They rang me and explained it all to me, and I need to get some professional photos done which would normally cost around $700 but they could take me to their studio for $200, Or I could get my own photos done and send it to them.

Now I was thinking it was all good till they said about the $200, But then again they would get 10% of any cash I make so they would want me to have good photos.

Scam or not?
    Free android puzzle game
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...TempleOfMedina

Scam, they prey on people looking for a "break" tell them you already have a portfolio.

My model shots were done for free
    Last edited by Satan1; 27-08-2009, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Satan1 View Post
      Scam, they prey on people looking for a "break" tell them you already have a portfolio.

My model shots where done for free

but,

your ugly though...?

Comment

WESTERN AUSTRALIA

SEEKING FEMALE ACTOR IN THEIR 60'S/70'S

My name is Alex, and I am producing a student short (8 mins) for the WA screen academy and city of Perth.We are looking for someone to play the small role of ‘Ruth’ who is grumpy character around the age of 70.You will be required for one day of shooting between the 1st and 3rd of September, and will be likely an evening shoot, but these details are still to be confirmed.

We are operating out of ECU Mt. Lawley, and would like to meet and audition anyone interested within the next fortnight here.As this is only a student film, we cannot afford to pay, but the film will be screened in Forest Chase 2010, and we will be entering numerous festivals, including Cannes. We are also a professional crew made up of masters students each hoping to make their mark on the industry upon graduation.If you are interested and would like a copy of the script, please contact:

Alex: 0438 987 023
        Zoltan: 0421 247 587
        Zoltan
        Zoltan
        Zoltan

HAHAHA.. awesome :awesome:

just from that little snippet... i think i would give them a skip.. they sound like a bit of a joke.. and looking at their website, if they can't afford a decent designer, they aren't likely to find you a decent gig..
        comic sans is OKAY!

Comment

Steer clear.

What sort of work do you want ?
          Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

I thought it was a long shot, They apparently work with underbelly, neighbours, the movie "knowing" and others.

Not sure Hewie....not sure.....
            Australia Post are pulling the chain and cutting back on overtime so I'm looking for a change, The job isn't great pay without the overtime.
            Free android puzzle game

Comment

Id give them a miss ...

Have a think about it and let me know. I might be able to point you in the right direction.
              Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

Go farming!!!!!!

harvest is coming.. really good conditions if you don't mind being out in the country..

Pay is up there with the mines..

Great fun..

Good people..

Fresh air, good exercise..
                comic sans is OKAY!

Comment

good call george, the hats are far cooler on the farm.
                  For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                  For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

I'm thinking maybe a trade, Cabinet maker could be it but not sure on the pay....I guess the money would be in starting your own business
                    Free android puzzle game

Comment

Yeah then get cast on Farmer wants a wife and Bam! you're a star and you didnt even have to play annoying twat number 1567 on Neighbours.
                      My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

^ I like the way you think redfern..
                        comic sans is OKAY!

Comment

Originally posted by Teedo View Post
                          Australian Talent Management

While searching for jobs I came across this and I signed up for an 'extra'. They rang me and explained it all to me, and I need to get some professional photos done which would normally cost around $700 but they could take me to their studio for $200, Or I could get my own photos done and send it to them.

Now I was thinking it was all good till they said about the $200, But then again they would get 10% of any cash I make so they would want me to have good photos.

Scam or not?

Hard to say if it is a scam....

But I notice they have no offices in WA? Are you planning on travelling? Or did they say that they still do work in Perth?

It's pretty standard to expect to pay for some shots. They need you on their database to be able to show clients your photo. If they said that you could just organise your own photos and not pay the $200 then how could it be a scam? Did you have to pay for anything else?

If not, I would give it a go. Not a great deal to lose. Plus if you did go with them, $200 is getting off lightly in my experience.
                          Ello

Comment

Originally posted by Hewie View Post
                            Id give them a miss ...

Have a think about it and let me know. I might be able to point you in the right direction.
                            Hey Hewie what were you thinking?
                            I could be up for anything
                            Free android puzzle game

Comment

I call scam. With Australia being such a small market, you really need to get a bit of theatre under your belt before you can really have any chance of doing anything remotely resembly tv or film acting (unless of course you are really, really good looking) Not sure about extra work, but that will rarely give you a "break" anyway.
                              Can you help with foster care?
                              http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

Working...
                              X