Hi, My Name is Earl....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, My Name is Earl....

Ive adopted a new member to my family today from the RSPCA in Malaga. He was the most unlikey boy I thought Id ever take home...but well after a little speed dating with my Charlotte it was Love!!

Earl was the result of a divorce where the two humans couldnt decide on who got to keep him...so he ended up at the RSPCA. Where we were lucky enough to find him.

I havent owned a Greyhound before so if there are greyhound owners here Id appreciate some stories.

This is Earl our Greyhound....

Originally posted by Red_is_Best
    hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

Nice looking dog,

When i was younger my parents got into breeding them a little bit, well they looked after heaps of pups.. so i grew up with them..

Best dogs out.

He may look tired and slow, but they go when they want to!

Enjoy, im sure he will be a delight to live with! :awesome:
    comic sans is OKAY!

Comment

They are very loving and gentle dogs. Congrats FG. Rescue dogs are always the most loyal and have the most personality. Earl will bring you heaps of good Karma.
      It has a dual purpose. ~ Tom Smitheringale

Comment

Its surprised me to find out that greyhounds arent an over active dog. I guess I had the misconception of greyhounds in racing must want to run flatout and never stop. Not so true it seems. Earl seems more content to be with his humans and that suits us just fine.

Ealr is our second rescue dog. Toby was our first. If anyone is ever thinking of getting a dog...dont discount the older rescue doggies. They have so very much love to give. And the RSPCA really does a great job of matching people and their lifestyles to the dog.
        hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

Comment

Earl seems to have settled in, he certainly didnt take long to find a comfy spot

Bert
          It's better to be thought stupid than open your mouth and remove all doubt

Pure speed in sixth gear on a 5,000 foot straightaway is one thing, but pure speed in third gear on a gravel-strewn, downhill, ess turn is quite another.
          Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

good on you and do not forget the other animals that are looking for a loving Human being at the various shelters!

Comment

Fantastic!
              Have a look at this website to check out a playgroup near you. It's nice for the dogs to get together to have a run around. Greyhounds as Pets

we often attend the Shenton park and Banjup ones with our Rex.
              Can you help with foster care?
              http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

Congratulations on the new addition Fastgirl. You've done a very good thing by going to the RSPCA- it's amazing how many animals find themselves homeless due to their people's poor decision making.
                Six speed.... so that's five and reverse.... right????

Comment

nice work, rescuing dogs is the best way

Comment

OK..so in the typical fashion of cats, our cat has asserted herself as the dominant animal over both dogs who outweigh her by a good 40 something kilos. She actually bashed the greyhound out if his own bed

After the cat had deemed it was ok to let the dog rest in his own bed, Earl relaxed...really. Sorry I couldnt pixelate out the rude bits...

I came out early this morning to let the dogs out for a pee...and find Earl like this, the RSPCA ladies did say he was a couch pototoe...I think he's settling in just fine...no fretting here.^_^

Comment

He he. A saying among us greyhound owners is , "gain a greyhound, lose a couch".
                      Have you been converted into a pillow yet?
                      Can you help with foster care?
                      http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

He did have his head on me last night...and half his torso seemed to scoot stealthily over....i gave up after a few more wiggles though....he is a whole lot of dog.

Comment

We have a little whippet, "Tea Bag", she is much the same, couches, chairs outside in the sun, beds, anything comfy she will perch up on..

The whippets are like miniture grey hounds we have had two, the first one used to run arround with the grey hound pups when we were on the farm.

Its good to see him making himself at home! :awesome:
                          comic sans is OKAY!

Comment

Good on you Col's, can't wait to meet him
                            Why be difficult?
                            Put some effort into it and be IMPOSSIBLE !

Comment

Greyhounds as Pets
                              geyhounds as pets is a good site

we have a greyhound and they are a lazy dog and very quite
                              here is mine a sleep
                              [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Trwls6LE1xo]YouTube - Sandy The Smiling Greyhound[/ame]
                              I HAD A BREEZE UP MY SHORTS AND IT FELT LIKE CHRISTMAS!!

Comment

Working...
                              X