Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indiana Tea House

G'day friends.
    I'm planning a two week vacation in Australia with my fiance Julia. She is from Perth and I want to marry her on the beach at the Indiana Tea House. She has family in town and I want to surprise them with a little, cozy, get-together where she and I will exchange vows. Pretty exciting, oiy? Anyway, if someone knows the manager there and/or a good preacher, I have to contact them and get the paperwork rolling so we can put a stamp of approval on this love. Still looking for a bike to rent for a few days while down under too. Want this to be the adventure of a lifetime. As a wildland firefighter, I haven't had a summer vacation in 19 years. I think I found a way as it will be winter here.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Paul

Dunno Indian tea house is not exactly cheap been situtated where it is, many of the surf clubs situated up and down the coast do functions and probally a bit easier on the dollars. Sky pilots there are various civil celibrants?? that will turn up and do a non dominal ending of your life uh opps marriage isn't it otherwise you will have to get a sky pilot from the organisation of your choice. Might also be worth looking at going south for the event, cheaper quieter less crowded etc etc. Think some PSB people have done it before.
    Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Great plan.

We had a fantastic celebrant when we got married, really 'got' what we wanted to do. Sadly having just looked him up again he says he is no longer taking any celebrant work.

Good luck sir. I hope it all goes well.
      such comment
      wow
      many post

Comment

Ok, so we looked at Mandura (?) which she remembers as a small beach community but apparently has grown some into a super expensive destination. I'm looking at Scarborough Beach now. Any suggestions as to locations that are both picturesque as well as easy to navigate for an 85 year old mum? Cheaper is nice as most of the $$ will be spent getting there and back. We have her sister looking for locations as well, but if I could give her ideas, that would be helpful.
        Thanks a bunch
        Paul

Comment

Would you consider Yallingup/Dunsborough area (3ish hours from Perth) or does it have to be close to the city?

Comment

So, planning a motorcycle procession to the destination mate?

*starts poilishing the 'busa*
            such comment
            wow
            many post

Comment

Originally posted by mystery View Post
              Would you consider Yallingup/Dunsborough area (3ish hours from Perth) or does it have to be close to the city?
              + 1 for this suggestion.

Lot less people, more intimate...plus closer to the wineries and pubs that also deal in incredible food if that takes your fancy

Comment

Yalligup nice small town hard to get lost but you'll be tripping over a few surfies or the other solution os to go to a close but not so close beach like the farm near Yalligup, Bussellton might be worth a look too.
                Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

When are you coming, my daughter has been trying to book a wedding south of Bunbury in January and not having any luck.

What sort of paperwork do you need to get?? One of the ladies on here is a marriage celebrant, you might be able to get her, will hunt up her number, she can even turn up on her bike

I take it that the booking isn't for too many rellies?? this is why you are planning to go to the Tea house??

Comment

Hi mate,

I got married at the Cottosloe Civic Centre gardens one street back from Indianas and had my reception at Indianas. It's a fantastic spot to have a reception and I'd recommend it to anybody.

What I will say though, is do what we did and get married on a sunday at lunchtime, it is much cheaper all round than the traditional saturday arvo/night.

You would be looking at a minimum $20,000 to do saturday night as they close the restaurant for you. Is more around the $7000 mark to do a Sunday lunch. Those prices are factoring about 80-100 guests with $2000 on the bar.

Your problem will be that they have a minimum spend and they will not leave the restaurant open to public if you are having a wedding reception.

Let me know if you need any more info, i got married in Feb this year, so most of the info is fresh in my head or locatable.
                    Need a website designer? PM me for a quote.
                    Here are some sites I've done recently - Velocity Race Team | Business Insurance | West Perth Insurance Broker | Labour Hire | Final Trim Operators

Comment

We are planning on coming down around the 1st of Feb. Looking at getting hitched on the 10th. We're NOT planning on more than 10 or 15 guests. Intimate, family only. No way could I afford $7k. Only liked the tea house as it has some grass outside.
                      Thanks for all of your suggestions, keep them coming. I would love a mc procession but as I said, only family.
                      As for paperwork, marriage license, whatever that entails in Aus, I think Julia's sis is going to get that taken care of. Once we find a place, will need to rent it I suppose. It's a little different here. You can't own the beach so there are no fees for using the beach for a wedding. There are no facilities either but you wouldn't have to rent the spot.
                      We are not set on any one place yet, all ideas are welcome, thank you.

Comment

My friends got married early morning ceremony on swanbourne beach, which is just down the road(walking dist) from cottesloe (indiana teahouse). Then had a brunch reception, very different but very nice.
                        Best of luck with it all.
                        Riding - Living the dream...

Comment

no fees for using the beaches here either as far as I'm aware. You just cant stop people walking past and getting in the background of your photos.

We used one of the many parks overlooking the river. (same deal - ie free but you cant reserve it... need to get friends to turn up early and camp out! )

Need to have half the paperwork done more than a month in advance... might need to have them sent to you and signed before you come down under? Apparently its an attempt to stop Vegas style mistakes.

If you like the Tea house, go for it. especially with only 10-15 guests. Just dont tell them its a wedding. Make a booking at any restaurant like that for 15 or whatever guests but dont mention the "W" word or the price gets jacked up.

Plenty of space all around the tea house and Cottesloe beach for a small wedding.
                          Otherwise I'd second Dunsborough if you want it to be a beach wedding. (Meelup, followed by a winery. again. Book a group for the meal, but dont say its a wedding.)

Comment

Working...
                          X