Getting car parts painted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting car parts painted

I've got a few bits of my car that I want to get painted to match the rest of the car and was wondering if anyone has someone they'd recommend to do this. Someone told me that there is a guy who'll come to you in a van or something.. obviously that's the lazy option, but if it's cheap...

So does anyone have any recommendations or advice?

Cheers.
    Originally posted by redfern
    If its good enough to carry missiles is safe enough for you bike.

Do it yourself, not that hard. Pm me if you want to give it a go
    Posted via Mobile Device

Comment

Belmont Panel & Paint
      Phone: (08) 9277 2153
      Street: 21 Fairbrother Street
      Town/City: Belmont, WA

Give these guys a call. Take your fuel filler cover in there so they can match up the colour... and/or paint code. They did a Ford Laser bonnet, fender and bumper for $200 which is really good considering it come back perfectly.
      Originally posted by darkfibre
      Just sync the oil changes with her monthly cycle and get all the grumpyness over with, leaving the rest of the month clear sailing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Ahm3d View Post
        Do it yourself, not that hard. Pm me if you want to give it a go
        Posted via Mobile Device
        I might do that just to see what kinda work is involved, cheers.

Originally posted by SEROW View Post
        Belmont Panel & Paint

Give these guys a call. Take your fuel filler cover in there so they can match up the colour... and/or paint code. They did a Ford Laser bonnet, fender and bumper for $200 which is really good considering it come back perfectly.
        Wow that sounds like a good price. Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by SEROW View Post
          Belmont Panel & Paint

"Your call could not be connected. Please check the number and try again."

Comment

I have to paint up a new windscreen frame that has just arrived, does anyone have any further input for a first timer?
            Where to buy paint?
            How to prepare the bare metal?

Comment

theres a dodgy little auto paint shop right near the cannington train station run by some very questionable, but helpful people. they will make any colour to code or sample, and even give you 2pac in an aerosol can for small jobs.
              you will need at a minimum some Prepsol, good etch primer, and some 400 / 600 wet&dry, and some colour.
              any imperfections and you start looking for fillers first.

be clean, and even. Once paint has been fucked it can't be un fucked.
              and be aware of overspray on everything. the house, the shed, the fence, the car... it gets everywhere.

Automotive Paint Tools & Equipment

Address: 14 Gibbs St, East Cannington WA 6107
              Phone08) 9356 1874

Comment

Thanks but I just paid $200 to get a local guy to do it. I really don't have a shed anywhere to work at the moment anyway. I would prefer to do it myself in future tho.

Comment

[MENTION=8418]potato[/MENTION]. Top quality work. Great prices. And a great bloke too.

Comment

Working...
                  X