Interesting docos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting docos

Saw a great doco called 'Love The Beast'. Its all about Eric Bana and his XB Coupe race car.

Quite an intriguing watch, especially the focus he puts on the spiritual and emotional aspects of the car and its effect on his life. Its a worthy watch even if you're not that into cars.

What other interesting documentaries have people seen lately?
    A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin.

Dear god, it's some weird bastardized three wheeled two person go-kart.

Taxi To The Dark Side.

From IMDB:
    "An in-depth look at the torture practices of the United States in Afghanistan, Iraq and Guantanamo Bay"

It's not an easy watch, but a lot of good docos are not
    such comment
    wow
    many post

Comment

I think I heard something about that. They called them 'ghost flights' or something didn't they?

Comment

waltz with bashir....on SBS tonight.
        euphoric, ZRX1200R, XSR900, XR400

Comment

i found The King of Kong to quite interesting and how they become obsessed with a arcade game. The guy with the glove is hilarious

Comment

I was about to mention king of kong. A first it's a bunch of strange nerds doing the most niche of nerd things, but the way the story is told sucks you right in, you end up cheering on the good guys and hoping for bad things to happen to the villans
            For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
            For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Tyson was pretty good. Though if you don't care at all for boxing or Tyson then you probably would get nothing from it.

On at small places like the Luna, might still be on, saw it ~3 weeks ago.

Comment

I enjoyed Love The Beast, especially when Bana's mate is talking to those bogans about their XB. An engineer at my work has an XB that shits all over Bana's (even before the prang), it's pristine.

On Docos, Bloods N' Cryps wasn't too shabby. All about the origins of the LA gangs.
                Originally posted by Abuse this
                Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

Another good one I saw on Nat Geo tonight, '42 Ways to Kill Hitler'. All about the failed assasination attempts on Hitler. Some of the schemes were brilliant and only failed due to Hitler changing schedules at the last minute.

Comment

The Power of Nightmares

and its follow up

The Trap - What happened to our dreams of freedom

by Adam Curtis.

These are both excellent documentaries
                    "In all the human societies we have ever reviewed, in every age and in every state, there has seldom if ever been a shortage of eager young males prepared to kill and die to preserve the security, comfort and prejudices of their elders, and what you call heroism is just an expression of this fact; there is never a scarcity of idiots." -The Culture

Comment

Originally posted by euphoric View Post
                      waltz with bashir....on SBS tonight.
                      Bashir is a self promoting hack.

Comment

Originally posted by Desmogod View Post
                        Bashir is a self promoting hack.
                        Do you mean Ari Folman? Bashir Gemayel of the movie title was the christian lebo dude voted in and assasinated on the same day as president of Lebanon.

Ari Folman was the writer/director. While i have nothing to dispute your claim i liked it simple because of the innovation of using animation to tell a documentry. sure it's one sided, but he has never claimed it as anything but his own recollection.
                        euphoric, ZRX1200R, XSR900, XR400

Comment

The Bridge.

Comment

Chevolution
                            A documentary on the iconography of Che Guevara

Very good insight into the power of symbolism.

Comment

Helvetica for the typeface nerds.
                              Originally posted by Abuse this
                              Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

Working...
                              X