Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you reckon its worth $20,000?

Just had a look at this ad on Gumtree.

INDIAN/mazda Trike - Used Motorcycle for Sale - Gumtree Perth Free Classifieds

I'm not really aware of the value of these vintage models but was surprised when I saw the pics and saw the price to be $20,000. Rebuilding it would probably cost more than that I guess. The whole body of this bike is a mess. Every inch is rusted. Do you guys really think its worth buying this and is it truely worth 20grand?

this has been a family treasure for many years hidden away as its a rare bike, very sort after and definitley a collectors item. its 1 of 5 imported to this country. the differential is in pieces and is the primary reason for it being garaged for over 20years, the motor has since ceased to turn over.. was last licenced in the seventies as a Indian servi car..if you are interested and not just being nosey email me at mailto:[email protected] .

No. No its not.
    It has a dual purpose. ~ Tom Smitheringale

Comment

Far out, $20k for literally a pile of rust. fark that!
      PSB Roller - http://soundcloud.com/talon

Comment

Originally posted by HotelBushranger
        Talked to some chick today at the village that rides a GPX 250. Wasn't very friendly though, must have crabs.

Comment

I've got no idea what it'd be worth but it would be an awesome project - the sorta thing you could rally in to at least your 80's.

Comment

google is your friend.....
            A site all parents should check regulary
            http://www.mako.org.au/temp_a.html

(+)

Comment

If you spent another $20K doing it up to it's former glory, then yes, it's worth the $20K he's asking.

Comment

this is a joke right ????
                you just posted in the wrong section right ?????
                Life's short, stay close to the things that make you happy!!

Comment

Originally posted by Browneyedgirl View Post
                  check out the link I've pasted. Its from Gumtree.com

Comment

Originally posted by Browneyedgirl View Post
                    It's an Indian.

Comment

It is an Indian, but not an Indian Chief. It is a 36 scout, and they never came out as a servicar. At most, they had a factory bolt on sidecar, and some had a modified Harley servicar outfit that bolted to the rear frame, not with a modified abomination around the outside like this one. This really is a piece of shit, and at most in that condition worth $6000. No more. It was a substandard, common model, and has been bastardised, and is rottting.

Comment

The seller of that is an idiot, or a genius.....If he gets 20k for that he is definitely a genius....
                        The idiot will then be the buyer at said price....
                        My dads old kingswood was less rusty that that P.O.S....

The main frame under the rear "tray - i suppose its called" looks like shit.....
                        That looks to be the only bit that still has some form of structural integrity, and all I'd wanna do is cut it of and throw it out........I don't know what vintage looks like but if it looks like that.....I'm pretty happy with my 80s retro at the moment....;-)
                        I got a fever.......and the only prescription is more cowbell!

Comment

Originally posted by Shortfuse View Post
                          This really is a piece of shit, and at most in that condition worth $6000. No more. .
                          $6000:o

Comment

Originally posted by I'm No Superman View Post
                            $6000:o
                            The genuine Indian Scout front end would fetch around $2000 in that condition, the frame around the same. Throw in some engine cases, and some tinware, and you are getting up there in parts alone. The servicar backend is an add on and I believe would not be worth much, but I dont know much about them, only that Indian never bought out a Servicar.

Comment

The dude should put a Ducati Badge on it, Retards seem to always pay stupid amounts of money for any old rare Ducatis, regardless of how crap they may be.
                              My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

Working...
                              X