New HD Channels!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New HD Channels!

Hey PSB, thought some of you out there might have a clue about this little issue I've been having recently.

I've got a fairly new (less than 18 months) DVD/tuner, a Phillips DVDR5570H/75 Hard Disk DVD Recorder device thing. With the release of One and OneHD and the new channel 9 GO! stations, I've been trying to tune the buggars in, but keep getting an unsupported format message and i can't watch the bloody things.

So, for a moment lets pretend I don't work with computers all day and someone tell me if I'm missing something? Is this device not NEW or correct to pick up these channels? It does show them in the available list, but can't display them. Am I going to have to shell out for a new set-top box so I can finally watch some good moto and some paintball championships?

DVDR5570H/75 Philips Hard disk/DVD recorder

My guess is that it's only an SD tuner, which is unable to work with HD DTV signals.

Edit: are you able to view ABC HD or SBS HD?
    '====
    //`
    -Magilla
    They observe my perambulations upon my gyroscopically-balanced personal transportation device, and I perceive at my core that they have thus concluded that I am Caucasian, and, while intelligent, I am also somewhat socially inept. - Peculiar Alfred
    Eligible to shadow R & R-E NOW

Comment

ONE also broadcasted in SD. IIRC it's called "One Digital" - specifically for poor people without HD tuners

When I went looking for Go I found another channel that has a whole bunch of noise/distorted images....maybe your machine is trying to lock onto that?

Go is broadcast in SD, so you should be able to pick it up. Channel 356 on my box. Perhaps a rescan is in order?
      Last edited by Fat Pat; 03-09-2009, 12:07 PM. Reason: speeling nazi :P
      Dead Man's Hand
      Internationational Porter Protection Group
      Just call me Pat

Comment

If you search for the frequency of the channels in Australia then it should find all the available channels relating to the network you tune in, if you type it in manually.
        I.e. I didn't have channel 2 at all so I manually typed in the frequency after searching the interwebz for it. It took a few seconds and before I knew it my TV had 2, 20(HD), 21, 22 and 23.
        I didn't even ask the TV to tune in GO (99) and it showed up when they started braodcasting.
        2006 Yamaha R1SP;
        In an interview with the New Scientist magazine marking his birthday, Stephen Hawking was asked what he thought about most during the day, and replied: "Women. They are a complete mystery."
        Amen, brother. Amen.
        My nemesis; Barfridge

Comment

I've tried retunes recently, they show in the list but won't actually show the channel. I'll check the GO! channel tonight and see what happens, if it doesn't show, does that mean I should assume there's something wrong, if it's just an SD channel?

I REALLY want to damn motorsport and paintball, not to mention some of the good reruns on GO! while I wait for the weather to clear up so I can go outside and not get pissed on by rain

Comment

If you search around the internet there's no mention of it having a High Definition capable tuner. This usually means it doesn't else they would be promoting it. I'm guessing it's Standard Definition only so you're probably out of luck for getting the HD content.

Comment

GO is SD, channel 12 is the SD version of OneHD. You should be able to view them.

Other than that you're shit out of luck if it's a SD receiver.
              2006 Yamaha R1SP;
              In an interview with the New Scientist magazine marking his birthday, Stephen Hawking was asked what he thought about most during the day, and replied: "Women. They are a complete mystery."
              Amen, brother. Amen.
              My nemesis; Barfridge

Comment

that model only has a SD standard definition tuner....

New Philips Dvdr5570h And Dvdr5520h - DTV Forum Australia - Australia's Leading Digital TV and AV Forum

Comment

I love you.

No One HD, but did some retuning AGAIN and forced it to find One SD - a check to channel 12 later, and UFC greeted me. Now to get GO! running - any idea of the frequency and usual channel?

Comment

I am sure it will be on the web somewhere but I had the feeling it was Ch 8... well the same channel as 9 at least but not sure of the new freq.

Comment

Originally posted by crowtribe View Post
                      I love you.

No One HD, but did some retuning AGAIN and forced it to find One SD - a check to channel 12 later, and UFC greeted me. Now to get GO! running - any idea of the frequency and usual channel?
                      GO is 99 on my TV, but that's a HD tv so i dunno if its different.
                      If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

These helped me when I needed to manually tune in the ABC. If you manually tune in ch 9 you should get 99 by default.

Australian TV Channel / Frequency Chart

DTV Forum Australia - Australia's Leading Digital TV and AV Forum > Finding Perth's digital channels
                        2006 Yamaha R1SP;
                        Amen, brother. Amen.
                        My nemesis; Barfridge

Comment

Cheers - big help guys - can use the recorder on something worthwhile for once.

Comment

Working...
                          X