Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Police confirm wheelie bin speed camera.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police confirm wheelie bin speed camera.

Police confirm wheelie bin speed camera | PerthNow

Police confirm wheelie bin speed camera
    Article from: PerthNow

BIN CAN: Police confirm they have a 'wheelie bin' speed camera, but say it has not been used in over a year.

POLICE have confirmed they have a speed camera disguised as a wheelie bin - but say it has not been used for more than a year.
    A photograph of the device is currently doing the rounds on the internet, with bloggers saying it was set-up this week on Albany Highway, Cannington.

The picture, which police say was taken in 2005, shows the camera encased in its grey shell, next to a normal public roadside rubbish bin of the same colour.

Police confirmed “it was an operational piece of equipment that acted as a housing for a standard multi-nova speed camera”.

But state traffic operations commander Michelle Fyfe said the device has not been wheeled out for over 12 months.

“It is just used on the odd occasion and is certainly not on Albany Highway at this point in time,” she said.

“It is part of our equipment, it’s just a different housing for the multi-nova.”

She said there was only one of them within the police cache.

“It will be used of different occasions, depending on circumstances,” Ms Fyfe said.
    They had one of these in the Adelaide hills too. It didn't last long.

Does that mean i can throw my rubbish at it?

Comment

I bet one stop patio shop is pissed.
      FTP

Comment

Originally posted by Calibur View Post
        Does that mean i can throw my rubbish at it?
        Only if its the ultimate in planned obsolescence rubbish. i.e. a time bomb.
        They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

But state traffic operations commander Michelle Fyfe said the device has not been wheeled out for over 12 months.
          I saw that! That's a crap pun....get a better script writer.
          Originally posted by Viper
          I'm probably fucking something up.
          FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
          Administrator

Comment

Oh that's the one I saw outside Innaloo shops yesterday

Comment

I bet one stop patio shop is angry.

Do you think they will put them on the freeway?

Comment

They're pushing for more speed cameras, but aren't using the existing cameras at 100% capacity?

Waste of money?

Comment

Originally posted by Maxo View Post
                  Do you think they will put them on the freeway?
                  Only if there is a one stop patio shop bin they can put it in front of.
                  Originally posted by Semi
                  I ride slowly because I'm a massive faggot.

Comment

My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

^ehehehehehehe

Comment

They're pushing for more speed cameras, but aren't using the existing cameras at 100% capacity?
                        not using the housing doesnt mean not using the camera...
                        sigpic
                        http://www.caschibye.it/page/curiosita.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Maxo View Post
                          I bet one stop patio shop is angry.
                          One Stop patio shop had their (partial)sign posted all over the net for free advertising... They should be laughing.
                          Being an Australian is not an excuse for being dumb and racist.

Comment

it was in morley days ago the old lady got a photo of it
                            A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

Comment

LOL @ Buseymonsters.

Comment

Working...
                              X