Customs $$$ Limit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customs $$$ Limit?

Supplier is offering me a reduced invoice price for some parts I have underway from the states. Can someone confirm what the limit is before I get stuck with extra fee's?

My memory says $1000, but can someone confirm? Should I just ask for it say $900?

Thanks

Amount is not just goods value.

Good Value+Freight+insurance must be less than $1000.

Get them to Mark the Invoice F.I.S
    You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

Its a tough one really. The goods are for a fairing set which are free of charge replacement. But I'm stuck paying the freight. The freight is being paid through a local account which I am paying. So freight charge is based in Aus. But the invoice for the goods will be $XXXX, then -$XXXX as credit.

Comment

All goods (except for tobacco products and alcoholic beverages) may be imported duty and tax free if their value is $1,000 or less.
        When buying over the internet
        -JC-

Comment

Thanks for the link JC.

Should I ask the supplier to note on the invoice "warranty replacements"? Or the like? Given the invoice will read $0.

Comment

Yes
            You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

Should be ex shipping.

Limit is $1000 AUD

Other things to watch for, if your shipping multiple packages they will combine the total of the value of the boxes.

So if you have 3 boxes all valued @ $500 and they get them all within a very short time of each other they will add them up and bill you accordingly.

They can also revalue a box at their discretion. So if the docket says $500 but THEY think its worth more they can approximate the cost of the item and charge you accordingly.
              Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

Cheers guys,
                Fairings are getting picked up next week so give it a couple of weeks and they'll be back on the bike again.

Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly

Comment

Working...
                X