Perth - good to be home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perth - good to be home

I have just returned from a month away in which I ventured through 5 different airports, 4 helicopter flights, 2 ferry trips and 8 flights. Its always comforting to rock up again at Perth airport, stand in the immigration queue for half an hour at 1am with only 3 staff working and the others watching. Get your incoming card checked by 5 or 6 different staff and be chastised for being a resident. I have flown in & out of a lot of airports recently and Perth is by far the worst.

Then I take the bike for a quick spin this afternoon (9km) and witnessed an accident then cut off by 3 different cars.

Ahhh, so good to be home

Just two or three days ago you were on a platform near my motherland and now you are back. unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by Bundera78 View Post
      I have just returned from a month away in which I ventured through 5 different airports, 4 helicopter flights, 2 ferry trips and 8 flights. Its always comforting to rock up again at Perth airport, stand in the immigration queue for half an hour at 1am with only 3 staff working and the others watching. Get your incoming card checked by 5 or 6 different staff and be chastised for being a resident. I have flown in & out of a lot of airports recently and Perth is by far the worst.

Then I take the bike for a quick spin this afternoon (9km) and witnessed an accident then cut off by 3 different cars.

Ahhh, so good to be home
      Hahaha awesome. You know what really sinks the boot in at the Airport? The proud banner above the final escalators near the baggage return proudly exclaiming "Visit the Bell Tower - the Icon of Perth". :gag:
      Originally posted by Koola
      Someone sig this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bundera78 View Post
        ... Its always comforting to rock up again at Perth airport, stand in the immigration queue for half an hour at 1am with only 3 staff working and the others watching. Get your incoming card checked by 5 or 6 different staff and be chastised for being a resident. I have flown in & out of a lot of airports recently and Perth is by far the worst. ...
        Wow..I recently came back through PIA (albeit at 6am) and had no issues. I used the new Smart Passport thingy and was in immigration/customs for about 10mins.

Comment

Agreed. I've been through literally dozens of airports around the world (including some shitholes) but for some reason Perth is the most uninviting uneasy airport to land at.
          Even if you have nothing to hide (which I don't) it always feels uncomfortable, unwelcoming and as if you have 50 eyes on you watching your every move just in case you've got an apple in your bag.
          The whole customs/baggage area gives me the creeps.

Comment

Working...
          X