Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much for a HR licence

hey yall
    Does anyone know roughly how much it will cost for me to get my HR licence?
    I currently work as a mechanic on dual steer,sliding selective trucks and can drive them around the yard no problems, but i will still do lessons.

Does anyone know how much it will cost from first lesson to passing the test? (ball park figure)

Thanks
    IM ALWAYS ON THE EDGE, ITS ONLY THE SHARPNESS THAT VARYS

PM Foolishboy he did his earlier this year

Will depend on how many lessons you need though

I think roughly start to finish it cost him about 400 or 500$

Comment

I spent roughly $500 getting mine.

Comment

Doing mine now.

$17 for sit down test in DPI
        $68 for you Permit after you pass test

Then Approx $90 per lesson...anywhere from 5-10 hours of lessons in the truck...dpending on you.

Im of now to start my first lesson. If ur Malaga...clear the streets!
        Originally posted by Red_is_Best
        hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

Comment

I did mine in 3 hours of lessons and an extra hour for the test in the instructors truck. If you can maneouvre a truck then it isn't an issue. If you go for your non-synchro licence, then you need a non-synchro truck and then it will get harder unless you know how to properly double clutch and rev match, which can be very awkward for some people. I learnt to drive in a crash box, so it's second nature to me.

About $500 all up if your good.
          [Y]

Comment

Yeah about $500 if your good, anywhere up from there if your crap

Would look at at least 5 or 6 lessons at a minimum,
            Good luck.
            In Kazakhstan if you want sugar in your coffee you ask for Kunt

Comment

Yeah about $500 if your good, anywhere up from there if your crap

Would look at at least 5 or 6 lessons at a minimum,
              Good luck.
              In Kazakhstan if you want sugar in your coffee you ask for Kunt

Comment

Has anyone got a training mob the can recommend?

Im going to get my provi today.

Comment

try keen brothers last i checked they were doing a full day course for $800 to get it all over and done with.

Keen Bros WA Home
                  Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

Doing one in Maddington, first lesson 14/05, price just went up to $110 p/h. Also about $14 for the test and $70 for the permit itself assuming you pass the test (also, if you don't, it actually ends up costing you a lifetime of ridicule, because it's simple as pie).

Never really double-clutched before and want my open (crash-box) license, so I guess I'm in for a treat on my first lesson.

Comment

Going through Keen Bros in Bunbury next week, $990 for two day course with test included.

Comment

I would of suggested it will cost you closer to 1000. I had 5 lessons including the test and went through RMS. They make you drive the MR truck first, then the HR restricted (syncro) before you even get to drive the HR non-restricted, so there's 3 sessions already. I can't tell you the exact cost, the company paid for my licence, but it was around the 1K mark

Comment

Originally posted by Lex_Steele View Post
                          Going through Keen Bros in Bunbury next week, $990 for two day course with test included.
                          this would probably be the course i priced for my wife a few years back, you could either share a truck with someone else and take two days but have extra time to learn from watching the other drivers mistakes or do it on your own in one day.
                          Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

Originally posted by DeCoy View Post
                            I would of suggested it will cost you closer to 1000. I had 5 lessons including the test and went through RMS. They make you drive the MR truck first, then the HR restricted (syncro) before you even get to drive the HR non-restricted, so there's 3 sessions already. I can't tell you the exact cost, the company paid for my licence, but it was around the 1K mark
                            Currently doing mine with RMS in Joondalup. Its their policy now to put everyone through two sessions in both the MR and synchro HR. Both the instructors I had for the MR/HR asked to get me skipped straight to the non-synchro HR, but the office staff were very reluctant and only ended up letting me skip one lesson. So when you add 3-4 lessons in the MR/HR at $198 a pop, plus the 3-5 lessons in the non-synchro HR (depending on how quickly you learn), it will end up being around $1200-$1600.

The instructors have all been very good (all 5 of them) with the exception of one. He was an unhelpful dick and Im pretty sure he fell asleep for 10 mins during a lesson. Im not paying for it so my experience has been quite positive but if I was funding the exercise, I would probably look elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by crowtribe View Post
                              Doing one in Maddington, first lesson 14/05, price just went up to $110 p/h.
                              I got mine about 5 years ago through Keen Bros, Malaga, and it used to be $60/hr or probably a little less. Man, have times changed?!
                              Back then, we had to go to the licencing centre for the test. But, I've heard, the accessors comes to the driving school nowadays. I took 5 classes, including the one before the test. Got pinged twice for braking a bit hard, but otherwise did just fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X