This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movies

Figured as we have a TV thread, might aswell have a Movies thread.

Saw Dorian Grey last night. Not too bad. Bewbs and debauchery for the boys, Ben Barnes for the girls.

Downside was not enough violence, and Colin Firth needed subtitles

Maybe wait for DVD unless you're on a date....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idMqPaEGeEg&feature=related]YouTube - Dorian Gray 2009 Trailer 2 *HQ*[/ame]
    Originally posted by vk6hgr
    My Hyosung couldn't do that speed if it was dropped in from orbit.

I'll be watching "9" either tonight or tomorrow night. Will post up here what I think of it!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlrtIrlgFpY]YouTube - 9 Movie Trailer http://teaser-trailer.com[/ame]

Looks like i'll have to find a torrent, apparently it's not in the cinemas here in aus
    Last edited by Seznid; 10-09-2009, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Shifty on blu-ray from UK.

great twist and a good take on the buddies trying to get a better life tale.

Shifty, a young crack cocaine dealer in London, sees his life quickly spiral out of control when his best friend returns home. Stalked by a customer desperate to score at all costs, and with his family about to turn their back on him for good, Shifty must out-run and out-smart a rival drug dealer, intent on setting him up for a big fall. As his long time friend Chris, confronts the dark past he left behind him, Shifty is forced to face up to the violent future he's hurtling towards
      [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT75k8sUXaQ]YouTube - NEW Shifty Trailer[/ame]

Will be watching 'Let The Right One In' later and let you know.
      Originally posted by Abuse this
      Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

let the right one in is that Scandinavian one, right?

I wasn't entirely satisfied by it though...

Comment

F*ck Yes.

A look at Germany's terrorist group, The Red Army Faction (RAF), which organized bombings, robberies, kidnappings and assassinations in the late 1960s and '70s. - IMDB

The casting is perfect and the soundtrack is luscious, I wish everyone could watch this without subtitles or dubbing. I watched this with people who were there and it seemed to satisfy, personally I think it's a firecracker.
          sigpic
          Fader, Bruder, Sohn.

Comment

Originally posted by Daise View Post
            let the right one in is that Scandinavian one, right?

I wasn't entirely satisfied by it though...
            yeah, got it here to watch. Also want to see Baader Meinhoff (pictures plenty of terrorists that sound and look just like Hans Gruber in Die Hard).
            Men That Stare At Goats looks interesting (Clooney).

Comment

Must. Resist. Posting. Dolemite.............
              Can you help with foster care?
              http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

Watched The Boat That Rocked on the weekend.
                I absolutely loved it, very feel good, and a brilliant sound track

I didn't realise it was based in fact though ^_^
                Radio Caroline - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

I haven't been for awhile - which is a really bad thing. We pay £14/month each for as many movies as we can squeeze in at the cinema. They should introduce that in Aus!

I'm hanging out for Avatar. Saw the 3D trailer and it's being released in IMAX here. Hopefully I won't get motion sick!

Anyone seen Gamer?

Comment

Originally posted by Bendito View Post
                    Watched The Boat That Rocked on the weekend.
                    I absolutely loved it, very feel good, and a brilliant sound track
                    Really, really, amazingly fun flick. I enjoyed the shit out of it.
                    such comment
                    wow
                    many post

Comment

Cass, a good flick. Cheap on bluray $24 at jb hifi

Comment

Over the Top - 1987
                        Starring Sylvester Stallone

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gB5iDUnx0iY]YouTube - Over The Top (trailer)[/ame]

Lincoln Hawk (Stallone) is a struggling trucker who's trying to rebuild his life. After the death of his wife, he tries to make amends with his son who he left behind years earlier. Upon their first meeting, his son doesn't think too highly of him until he enters the nation-wide arm wrestling competition in Las Vegas.
                        It even has Kenny Loggins on the soundtrack ^_^

Comment

Classic.
                          My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

Anyone else want to see Moon? All my mates have bloody exams (I'm at tafe)

Comment

Originally posted by SBD View Post
                              Anyone else want to see Moon? All my mates have bloody exams (I'm at tafe)
                              Already scoped it, but I wouldn't feel shame in seeing it solo. Great flick.
                              such comment
                              wow
                              many post

Comment

Working...
                              X