Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS3 Slim query

Hey,

Anyone else on here purchased a PS3 Slim ?

I got mine and it came with the assassins creed game.
    I'm finding from time to time, it'll just freeze up and you can't do anything other than shut it off.

Now is this a game issue or console ?
    (I haven't got any other games at the moment to try out).

Has done it approx 3-4 times now, and I've played maybe a total of 8-10hrs MAX on it.

Might have to pinch some of my bro's games to try out.
    The Ps3 menu still seems to be active most times when this happens, so I dunno.

Cheers.

if you're lucky it could just be the disc i've got an original but one of my mates bought the slim and it hasn't done that yet
    Originally posted by CBRsairz
    assume nothing Macca, I've totally been cockblocked before :spiteful:

Comment

I bought a PS3 Slim last night, haven't had any freezes but I've not played Assassin's Creed on it.
      There are certain games that don't like the new firmware... Uncharted is one that causes the most issues, Assassin's Creed I have no idea about but it might be having trouble as well.

So it is more to do with Sony breaking things in FW 3.0, not your Slim I think.
      They know about it and are working on it apparently...

Comment

A friend of mine has a regular ps3 like that, it's an overheating issue for him.

Has to let the thing breathe, wedged in a cabinet just makes it lock up.
        This is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs (your personal circumstances). Before using this advice to decide whether to purchase a product you should consider how appropriate it is in regard to your personal circumstances.

Comment

Ah okay, yeah guy at work said his reg. ps3 did a similar thing regarding heating.
          might have to take it out of the cabinet or open up the front aswell when I use it (back is open already).

Comment

Don't know about the slim, maybe a bit early, but on the full size PS3 I use a $20 base plate fan assembly, 3 fans powered by usb. Works ok. Otherwise just more breathing space and give it a dust. The big ps3 is a fluff and dust magnet. Fucking piano finish FTL.
            Originally posted by Abuse this
            Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

No issues with my slim and I'm loving it!

Comment

well tried opening up the doors on the cabinet to let it breathe better.
                Played last night for a few hours and this morning for a while, and then played again later this morning for 20 mins and it froze.
                PS3 doesn't seem all that hot, parts are warm but nothing to get excited about.
                I'm thinking it'd have to be game, but then the ps3 locked up completely this morning, wouldn't let me do anything at all.

Was running a heater in the room also today when it did it, and not before when it was running fine... so unless it's pathetically touchy about heat.

Comment

"There seems to be an awful lot of people having problems with Assassins Creed, freezing and frame rate issues, well there is a fix you'll be glad to know, and its an easy one, all you have to do is disable the information board, press triangle on it and disable it and these problems should go away. Also do not sign into the psn network "

Give that a shot?

http://au.gamespot.com/pages/forums/...ic_id=26891163

Apparently it's the game.
                  Free android puzzle game
                  https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...TempleOfMedina

Comment

Yup, it's Ass Creed's fault. I experienced freezing like a gazillion times on that game but then eventually found it too bloody repetitive to be fun (the game). Ditch it.
                    PSB Roller - http://soundcloud.com/talon

Comment

Thanks Teedo, might look into that!

Haha Druu, I already get to that point.
                      It's like "goddamnit now I have to go see that old fart, then travel a bazillion miles back to somewhere else, now I have to climb that tower, save that person, steal that shit, and climb that tower "

It's not bad if it's played in moderation, but I definately want somethin diff

Edit: Nope that didn't fix the issue. Infact it probably did it quicker than before (within the first 3 mins) of gameplay.
                      Probably either a software issue the new ps3 has with the old game OR it's just the game itself that's screwy.
                      I'll have to get some other games to try out.

with movies/music from a USB, never does it.
                      Last edited by Mirkz; 13-09-2009, 08:24 AM.

Comment

I bought Assassin's Creed to try it out for you ^_^

Works perfectly, played for a couple of hours with no dramas.
                        I'll keep on the case

Otherwise the fix Teedo posted seems to work according to Google.

Comment

Lovin' my PS3 Slim. I got JB to throw in Batman instead of Assassin's Creed though.

I've had no issues so far but yeah there are heaps of complaints about the new 3.0 firmware. Maybe try a different game and see if the problem persists (make that other game Batman!!).

C

Comment

bought one on thursday.

love it

has ps1 compat, so i only need 2 consoles (well, of the sony variety anyway :geek... am guessing by the time the ps4 comes around it will have ps2 on the slim version

if you guys don't have it already, download the demo of little big planet, fuck that game is hilarious

edit:
                            and if you're not on the net, there's a firmware update out already...
                            “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

psn tags peeps? My friends list is looking very loserish. I'm Crumpetman_66

Comment

Working...
                              X