Perth to Bunbury Highway Opening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perth to Bunbury Highway Opening

The New Perth to Bunbury Highway opens this Sunday (20th)

Opening ceremony finishes at midday, word on the street is that it should be open to traffic at some time between 12:30 - 2pm (but don't take my word for that) I'm guessing more towards the 2pm time...

Who is going to be the first to blast down the freeway extension?
    What do you reckon the chances of it being police-free are for the first 30 minutes?

Also, if you like cycling you can ride the new freeway section beforehand whilst its empty: Cyclosportif Perth Western Australia - Serious Fun for Recreational Cyclist
    Last edited by Dubs; 16-09-2009, 12:45 PM. Reason: .

a friend. . . may or may not work in the site office. . . .the cops have been in and out a couple times in the past 2 weeks. . . word on this side of the street is that they will be out in force.
    To be fair, not a huge amount of places for them to hide. . . and i we've been told 3 oclock opening. . .but will most likely be when it all wraps up. . . so yeh somewhere between 2 and 3

pinjarra bridge will be fun at speed

Comment

mmm boring as batshit, but the Wildriders are going, I think they organised the ride before they decided on an afternoon opening time, guess they'll be coming back via the new Hwy

WildRiders - Bunbury for the opening of Forrest Highway
      • Meeting Point : BP, Beeliar Drive, Success (near the Gateway Shopping Centre)
      • Meeting Time: 9:00 a.m. - Departure Time: 9:30 a.m.
      • A ride to Bunbury to mark the opening of the Forrest Highway, approximately 1 hour and 10 mins (one way). There have been warnings of speed cameras and Police presence so we will be taking it easy.
      • Once in Bunbury we'll stop for a quick lunch at the local noodle house (or anything near there) and return to Perth.

Comment

Empty now?

Comment

i've developed a tactic that could get you through, however im not posting it in public. . . my friend my get in trouble

Comment

Originally posted by GSXRossi View Post
            i've developed a tactic that could get you through, however im not posting it in public. . . my friend my get in trouble
            I worked on the Northern Zone for a year, I know just about every little exit out there

Comment

Originally posted by -Stevo- View Post
              Who is going to be the first to blast down the freeway extension?
              How do you know people already haven't?
              You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

i hear they already have run the freeway at speed bad people

also the other night i heard a couple of guys running it & then they got lit up by the mobile eye in the sky...

norti boys

HH
                Last edited by Hondahoon; 16-09-2009, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoneville View Post
                  mmm boring as batshit, but the Wildriders are going, I think they organised the ride before they decided on an afternoon opening time, guess they'll be coming back via the new Hwy
                  Hmm, they would have had fun.

I went down to check it out after Flash's run and got as far as the Greenfields interchange before I got sick of being pelted with stones / sandblasted. For some reason the northbound direction wasn't open (this was around 4pm) so I had to cut through to South West Highway on a gravel road.

It is a very boring road as well; cagers are welcome to it if they leave South West Highway and Old Coast Road to us!

Comment

went northbound. Was sooo windy, no protection for most of it.
                    :aus-salute: Yer thats ULTIMATE :aus-salute:

Originally Posted by lobes89 View Post
                    Yea I like the bike but it's hard to get my foot under the brake lever

Comment

i just got back then from Bunbury
                      1 hour 40 to my door!!!
                      use to be 2 hours 10
                      NICE

they have removed all but a few tree so yes it has no protection
                      but hopefully they will plant some soon
                      although they will take quiet a while to get to a decent size

nice bit of flat road but
                      ellE

jenius

Comment

Caught the footage last night.
                        Did anyone else see the checkered flags to start the first cars down there?
                        I pissed myself laughing.
                        The next ten years will be spent telling us it's not a race track, and they open it with checkered flags

Comment

Originally posted by Bendito View Post
                          Did anyone else see the checkered flags to start the first cars down there?
                          Yep.

I pissed myself laughing.
                          Me too.

The next ten years will be spent telling us it's not a race track, and they open it with checkered flags
                          Bloody baiting I say.
                          Originally posted by Melkor
                          The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

Came back north along it today, there is heaps of gravel and stones all the way along it so when another car over took it sounded a little hail

Didn't notice a massive time saving but it was so so sweet not to have to fight your way through all those lights

Will be interesting to see what happens this long weekend and start of school holidays.

Comment

Tried out the new road coming back from Bunno on Sunday, almost fell of my bike when i noticed the new Hwy is 10km's longer than the old way back.

Good thing about it is that there is little to no chance that they'll put a speed camera out and you wont see it, its pretty open.

As already mentioned it was a wind tunnel - I counter steered a LOT.

Got caught up behind a few stubborn 4wd's, got lots of spray back - not cool.

I left Carey Park (right behind Bunno) around 4:30ish, got back home to Vic Park just after 6pm, I was going an average of 135ish most of the way though.

It's ok.

Comment

Working...
                              X