Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby stillborn to swine flu coma patient

Swine blue baby stillborn | PerthNow

Now I feel sorry for all involved, but why must there be a coronial inquest into it?
    I appreciate the pain involved but surely no one is to blame for this? Why must people go whingeing and complaining to the media, picket outside parliament house and generally make an arse out of themselves for some thing that is no ones fault?
    It's like that Aboriginal boy who died from electrocution a few weeks ago, I felt for them until I saw the utterly disgusting state of their housing, holes in walls, bare wiring, flooring ripped up. You have no one to blame but yourselves, so why try and blame others?

It seems to me like we got way too much money and time on our hands.

Comment

In the case of the still born baby, I think it was in her bed for a few days, which means that she wasn't properly cared for whilst in the coma as well, if she was properly cared for they would have seen the baby and something may have been done etc.

But I do agree with you with the electrocution of the child, if you didn't have holes in the walls then he couldn't have climbed in and thus no accident, its a bit stupid to blame the government because you live in a pig sty, if they weren't aboriginals then the story would be presented in the land lords POV and how they are bad tennents
      Originally posted by browncow
      Sometimes, I see you post, and I understand what all the individual words mean, but I have no idea what you're actually saying.

Comment

So sad for the family... Unfortunately in these circumstances the baby isn't seen as "A baby" as it hasn't taken its first breath, therefor isn't treated as a priority the mother is.
        I know it sounds awful but viability of the baby V's maternal death is the issue here not "why wasn't my baby treated as a patient".
        The need for the coroners inquest is to lay blame... That is all.
        It is a shame but parents need an explanation when there is a death of a child, in order to do this the coroner is called in.

I have complete sadness for the family. I hope it is settled quickly and the family can begin to heal.
        Sanity is Overrated

Comment

Originally posted by Desmogod View Post
          Swine blue baby stillborn | PerthNow

Now I feel sorry for all involved, but why must there be a coronial inquest into it?
          I appreciate the pain involved but surely no one is to blame for this? Why must people go whingeing and complaining to the media, picket outside parliament house and generally make an arse out of themselves for some thing that is no ones fault?
          It's like that Aboriginal boy who died from electrocution a few weeks ago, I felt for them until I saw the utterly disgusting state of their housing, holes in walls, bare wiring, flooring ripped up. You have no one to blame but yourselves, so why try and blame others?

You know what mistake you are making in both these instances don't you?

You has it - common sense.

Bleeding hearts - they never do.

Sadly the stillborn case seems to have been largely driven by the understandably upset husband, but I think he is latching onto the wrong idea.

The electrocuted kid? Suggest if the house wasn't so smashed up and it wouldn't have happened and you get called racist. The hole was smashed in the wall to run a cable from inside the house to outside so they could power the outdoor gear they had (stereo/fridge I believe).. and it's the states fault? Fuck me.

Comment

Sadly the stillborn case seems to have been largely driven by the understandably upset husband, but I think he is latching onto the wrong idea.
            you will more than likely find that it is not the husband driving it...but the news outlets, who see this as an opportunity to wrench at the hearts of the general public, who will 'follow' the story with fascination, and thereby increase the ratings/popularity of the news outlet.

ACA/TT/Sunday Grimes....you have a lot to answer for.
            Originally posted by Viper
            I'm probably fucking something up.
            FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
            Administrator

Comment

I think they should station a nurse with a catchers mitt between the legs of all pregnant coma patients 24/7.

Comment

what Malenko said,

when the baby is born, they need to clear the mucus etc from its throat/nose, so the coronial inquest is to see, if the baby was still born, or alive at birth, and if the baby was alive, then its a more severe case of malpractice.

have you got kids Desmo?

if this happened to my worse enemy i would still hope someone would step in to get the answers and get some closure for the family,
                imagin carrying a baby inside you, feeling it move, kicking, hick-ups, then going into hospital for an induced coma to recover from the swine flu,
                then when you wake up, you notice no stomach, and no baby.

pregnancy is a miracle, even just to have healthy kids, and to have poor caring by some nurses take that away right at the end,

fuck them.

i hope someone feels real fucking bad about this, as even if the baby was still born, they obviously wernt keeping a close enough eye on her.

fuck them
                -never play hopscotch with a unicorn-

Comment

Originally posted by ROWDY View Post
                  have you got kids Desmo?
                  Yeah mate, and when he was born he had the cord wrapped around his neck, then he got shoulder dystocia, his shoulder got stuck in the birth canal.
                  The grabbed him by the head and literally skull dragged him out, he was blue, limp and had his tongue hanging out of his head.
                  I thought he was dead. I was offered counselling because it really was a harrowing experience. So I do understand the 9 months of anticipation only to see what you think is a dead baby at the end of it.
                  The thing is, regardless of if the baby was stillborn or not, she was "only" 6 months pregnant, short of stationing someone beside her 24/7, the outcome would still be what it is.
                  She should look on the bright side, at least she didn't have to go through labour.

Comment

sorry to hear mate,
                    i couldnt imagine what would be going through your head at he time,
                    i hope your missus, yourself and son are good now,
                    true,
                    my sis in law was 27 weeks prem, and healthy, i know a lot changes in 3 weeks, but the thing is, there is a possibility it could have lived.

i dont know if its your dark humour dude,
                    but there is no bright side to it,

yes the labour is bad (from what ive seen im a bloke so i dont obviously know) but its not a positive, give her the choice
                    go through pain of labour and have a baby,
                    or not,
                    i mean i know you shold always look for the positive in things,
                    but no positive/bright side at all with this one mate.

none the less,
                    a pregnant woman in an induced coma suffering from the swine flu,
                    should be high priority and her having the baby should NOT happen, especially with our quality and safety standards today.
                    -never play hopscotch with a unicorn-

Comment

not really jim. if the baby was grabbed straight at delivery and taken to neo-natal ICU, there's a reasonable chance it would have survived. i know of 3 babies in the 24-26wk bracket that have survived quite okay with no problems at all.

they knew pregnant women with swine flu are at a much greater chance of going into premature labour, they should've taken more precautions and increased checks. they didn't, so i do agree that the hospital should take some blame.

Comment

Originally posted by Brougham View Post
                        not really jim. if the baby was grabbed straight at delivery and taken to neo-natal ICU, there's a reasonable chance it would have survived. i know of 3 babies in the 24-26wk bracket that have survived quite okay with no problems at all.

they knew pregnant women with swine flu are at a much greater chance of going into premature labour, they should've taken more precautions and increased checks. they didn't, so i do agree that the hospital should take some blame.
                        Yeah saw plenty of babies at NICU born around that age... most doing relatively well. Staff at NICU do an amazing job!

I feel for the mother... this will stay with her for the rest of her life

Comment

Originally posted by Brougham View Post

+1.
                          Need your suspension tuned? See Marty MOOSE! | Need something out of the ordinary? See Gav (GD Engineering)!

Comment

Ignoring that she had swine flu, women who are pregnant with the bad flu strains in general are at a much greater risk (not just H1N1) but let's be serious here. The health department in WA has just been told they have to cut 16 million (i think, could be higher) out of next years budget and the end result is shit like this where accidents happen and people suffer.

Comment

Originally posted by Flygirl
                              shouldn't someone that is pregant and at risk of premature labour be in a maternity hospital where they have the facilities to care for both the mother and the child?
                              So she can spread her sickness to all the mothers and newborns with zero immune system?

Comment

Working...
                              X