Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record Player

Hey Dudes,

Thinking about buying a record player but not sure where the best place to source one is. Found this Australian Ebay store that sells one sort for like $64 but yeah, not sure how reliable it would be.

Anyone got some suggestions where you can buy them from a local store in WA? Heck even if someone wants to sell a working one second hand?

Cheers

LAst year there was one advertised in the bigw catalogue that had a usb port.
    THe store I went to didn't have them, but it seems there are some out there!
    Sorry I can't help with actually finding one.

Comment

Lots to think about, ebay has a few good deals, some Dual t/tables for bang for buck and upper end a Rega maybe.

Do you want direct drive or belt drive? Moving Magnet or moving coil, what sort of arm system, will it be for listening to records or DJ work?. Depends how good a setup you want and how good your speakers and amp are?

I don't know if Frank Prowse or other hifi shops still sell 2nd hand gear, might be worth a look.
      Originally posted by Abuse this
      Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

Direct drive sounds rarer than belt but from wat i gather a little better.

Just wanted to play some old records of my Dad's and buy some newer ones for my self. Nothing serious like DJ.

Comment

Keep and eye on Gumtree
          Here's one: Sony Turntable PS-LX22 Direct Drive Record Player

Comment

yeah, gumtree, for all your random purchase's. Cheers dude :-)

Comment

i got a good one (like pro dj style) from cash converters for under $100. replaceable needles, etc.
              Need a website designer? PM me for a quote.
              Here are some sites I've done recently - Velocity Race Team | Business Insurance | West Perth Insurance Broker | Labour Hire | Final Trim Operators

Comment

Originally posted by Humma. View Post
                Direct drive sounds rarer than belt but from wat i gather a little better.

Just wanted to play some old records of my Dad's and buy some newer ones for my self. Nothing serious like DJ.
                Direct drive is really only important if you want to mix. the torque of a belt drive will need a bit of a push to get it up to speed, but for just listening to records it will be fine (takes a couple of seconds to rev up, after that no dramas.)

I would recommend checking cashies for an older unit, change the stylus for a Ortofon cartridge availible from dj factory and go from there. Players for listening to music are fairly simple, the old ones are a little more solid than the newish big W or ebay USB ones, and have much less dirty noise.

ges something that plays 33rpm, and 45rpm.

or if you want to spend the money get a Technics 1200 Mk2

Comment

target in carousel still has them

Comment

Catch Of The Day - One Deal, Everyday, Midday

Comment

Originally posted by karen View Post
                      LAst year there was one advertised in the bigw catalogue that had a usb port.
                      THe store I went to didn't have them, but it seems there are some out there!
                      Sorry I can't help with actually finding one.

Harvey norman had them on the weekend USB direct to mp3....$99

Comment

Working...
                      X