"i-Commerce" = AMWAY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "i-Commerce" = AMWAY

Just a warning which might save some people from wasting of a couple of hours. (or their life? )

They seem to be doing a push at the moment.

I remember one of my friends stating one of the best life quotes ever. She said;

"I'd rather be a poor scientist, than a fake Amway consultant."
    I love two strokes. Because they annoy the shit out of people. ^_^

Comment

I think I've mentioned it before, but my standard response is 'come back in 6 months, and if you are actually making money then I will look at it'. Never had a single person come back.
      For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
      For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Do people really need these warnings? Scams are scams, if people are buying into them then they might just be in the right place.
        such comment
        wow
        many post

Comment

Originally posted by Cam View Post
          Do people really need these warnings? Scams are scams, if people are buying into them then they might just be in the right place.
          Its more I object to the renaming of AMWAY to i-commerce implying it is a general thing to do with e-commerce, (and obviously trying to get away from the bad connotations the name AMWAY has.)

And I dont agree that anyone caught through false hope and clever use of emotional manipulation means they deserve to be scammed. (Otherwise everyone in the world would have to be a cynical bastard like me in all aspects of their life.)

Comment

what is this...?

Comment

Can someone please explain Amway, and why it's a scam?

Comment

Google multi level marketing. Can't link directly at the mo'
                such comment
                wow
                many post

Comment

In simple terms, they all require a constant stream of new people joining. What happens is they sell a product, and depending on how much you sell, you get a cut of the profits.

But the people who recruited you also get paid for what you sell, as do the people who recruited them. So on and on it goes up the line, usually about half of the selling price of a product goes into paying your upline.

So you need to recruit more people under you in order to get enough sales to qualify to earn money, and on it goes.

It's not illegal, unethical or immoral. Just with a more mature company like Amway there is a giant upline to be supported, who all get a slice of the pie. When starting out it is difficult and not very lucrative at all.

I was a member about a decade ago, it did teach me a lot of useful skills, but that came at a large cost, both in time and money. If you are like me who is not a people person with average communication and persuasion skills, you will struggle.
                  For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                  For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Originally posted by barfridge View Post
                    It's not illegal, unethical or immoral. Just with a more mature company like Amway there is a giant upline to be supported, who all get a slice of the pie. When starting out it is difficult and not very lucrative at all.

I was a member about a decade ago, it did teach me a lot of useful skills, but that came at a large cost, both in time and money. If you are like me who is not a people person with average communication and persuasion skills, you will struggle.

Good for bored housewives...

Looked at ur Signature, off I go to buy me tickets for MAD bike!!

Comment

Basically... thinly disguised pyramid selling.

Originally started with door to door selling of cosmetics, toiletries etc.... and getting other people to sell products for you with you getting a cut of people under you.
                      (also a heavy push for you to buy all your own products in an attempt to qualify for minimum sales targets... but obviously ensures they sell enough end products at the same time.)

Now they realise there is more money in selling the idea to people of getting more people signed up. ie you can purchase coaching material etc to teach you how to be successful in getting lots of people selling under you. (...mainly by becoming a coach and selling coaching material to the people under you.... and the cycle continues)

Like all things pyramidal... Works great if you are on the top.... but finding enough poor suckers (who cant do the maths) who think they can get enough poor suckers (who cant do the maths) underneath them is gonna be hard work!

...yeah like Barfy said

Comment

he he he Is this still going on.

When i was 17 i worked in a supermarket and i got talking to this lady and she wanted me to come to her place and discuss this business idea. So i said sure why not, thinking ooohhh yeh i am going to fuck this MILF. When i got to her house she started selling me Amway. I stayed around for about an hour or so and when i relaised i wasnt going to get any i left.

Comment

I have a young employee who is being drawn into this and cant understand why people are not interested in earning money for doing almost nothing (we try to explain the too good to be true thing, but they have strong marketing tactics). He is at least learning some people skills but I suspect they will soon start putting pressure on him to perform or at least recruit.

I am sure some people have done O.K. at it but they would probably do well at any sales job.

There was a stall at the Motorcycle show selling some of the products related to this company. (no not P.S.B.)
                          Last edited by chew; 22-09-2009, 04:15 PM. Reason: B.) without the bracket = B), I am learning sooo much about the web!!)
                          They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

Originally posted by Rider View Post
                            When i was 17 i worked in a supermarket and i got talking to this lady and she wanted me to come to her place and discuss this business idea. So i said sure why not, thinking ooohhh yeh i am going to fuck this MILF. When i got to her house she started selling me Amway. I stayed around for about an hour or so and when i relaised i wasnt going to get any i left.
                            Maybe she wanted to fuck you, but only if you were astute enough to see through the Amway bullshit and make some moves.

Just sayin'.
                            Originally posted by Melkor
                            The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

Originally posted by The Saint View Post
                              Maybe she wanted to fuck you, but only if you were astute enough to see through the Amway bullshit and make some moves.

Just sayin'.
                              Man i was 17. I wasnt the grandmaster i am now

Comment

Working...
                              X